This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AmericasTea #CollectiveBias #ad
Fluffy banana pancakes topped with Bigelow tea salted caramel syrup is the perfect breakfast, and has the added benefit of boosting your immunity during cold, cough, and flu season!
As we are moving into the dreaded cough, cold, and flu season are you using Bigelow Tea to avoid getting sick or to help you feel better? Maybe a hot cup of Lemon Lift in the morning to help a sore throat, or your favorite Chamomile blend helps you sleep better? How about trying something a little different?
How about tea infused pancakes and syrup!!?
I love the health benefits that comes from tea. I love the antioxidants. I love the immune boost. I love the flu and cold fighting power. But my kids just don’t love drinking it. They much prefer cocoa or juice. And so I have been getting creative to help them reap the benefits of tea without drinking a cup. Me? I chose both! A nice mug of Bigelow herbal tea with my stack of tea infused pancakes and tea syrup! Triple threat! Earlier this year I had the chance to meet Cindi Bigelow, CEO of the American tea company. It is a family run company. Cindi is so passionate about tea, and listening to her was so informative! In fact, she shared her best tips for the perfect cup, and I will be sharing them with you at the end of this post. But first I wanted to tell you a little bit about why I wanted to make pancakes and syrup with Bigelow tea, and why they are America’s favorite tea!
- Bigelow Tea is 100% American made by an American family, and sold at American stores. You can pick it up at Walmart on the drink aisle, which is where I found it!
- Bigelow is an all-around awesome company. It was started by Cindi Bigelow’s great-grandmother, and has been kept in the family. In fact, the family still has one of the hand painted whiffer boxes that was used to market the tea and helped to put the company on the map.
- Bigelow Tea is run by a woman, and the tea is grown in America. In fact, Bigelow’s Charleston Tea Plantation is America’s largest working tea garden. They hold weddings, music festivals, and other events there, making it a great place to experience Southern culture and history.
- And this is a company that cares! Almost 4 million bags of tea have been sent to troops overseas with the Bigelow’s Tea for Troops program.
But in addition to all that, it just tastes good! I mean, come on…Salted Caramel Tea! How could I not make a syrup with it and put it on banana pancakes with more tea for extra flavor?
I made my pancakes with Salted Caramel Tea as the liquid. And loaded the top with bananas.
And then I dug in! And you can too…
This syrup was really simple to make, and really added awesome flavor. And if you don’t want to make the pancakes from scratch, use a mix, add tea instead of water, and a couple mashed up bananas, and you are in business!
But now let’s talk about how to make the perfect cup of tea:
- Start with fresh water. Fill your kettle anew each time. This will mean you have more oxygenated water.
- Put your tea bag in your mug
- As soon as the water starts to boil, pour it over the tea bag. Don’t let it whistle too long, or you lose the oxygen which helps release the flavor from the tea bag.
- Steep for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove bag, and DO NOT squeeze it, as this will make your tea bitter.
- Drink within an hour!
There you have it! Tips from Tea Queen Cindi Bigelow herself!
For more great ideas, inspiration and stories about Bigelow Tea visit their Pinterest board:
Get EZPZ Updates In Your Inbox!