A quick and easy, kid approved Back to School dinner solution! This Chicken Strip Parmesan is a family favorite and only takes a few minutes to throw together.
I don’t know about you guys, but I am super happy my kids are back in school. We got all the supplies that were requested, made our classroom donations, went back to school clothes and shoe shopping, bought all the stuff we needed for home lunches, and now I am feeling tapped out.
I love supporting the schools, and doing what I can to help, but with 3 kids in school, it feels like a lot sometimes. We do it, happily even, but I really love when companies team up with parents to make it easier to support schools financially! And it is even better when it is convenient for the parents.
We buy a lot of chicken strips and chicken nuggets at this house, especially for my picky eater. So I was really excited to learn about the The Tyson Project A+™ program. It is a way for Tyson to team up with parents, and donate money to schools. It is so easy too:
You just head to Walmart (walmart.com/TysonProjectAPlus) and purchase a Tyson® product with the Tyson Project A+™ labels.
Clip the label off.
Then submit it, and Tyson® will give the school cash. The school can use that cash for whatever they need. Even if it is 10 gazillion glue sticks. Pretty great, right?
You can see an example of the labels, and learn more about this great program at http://projectaplus.tyson.com/
Now let’s get back to this recipe. It uses Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips, which are part of the Tyson Project A+™ program, as are many other products including Tyson® Fun Nuggets and Tyson® Chicken Nuggets. The Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips are all white meat, 100% natural ingredients, and are really simple to prepare. I love using them for a quick chicken parm, and since they are strips, they are the perfect portion size for my kids!
I would almost call this more of a method than a recipe, as I use a bottled pasta sauce too, but that is the thing, it is just so easy! It takes only a few minutes of your time to prep, then you just let it cook.
Start by cooking the Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips according to package directions. I like cooking them on a cookie sheet lined with a cooling rack so they get crispy all over, instead of soggy on the bottom.
With just a few minutes left of cooking time, top with your favorite marinara and mozzarella or provolone cheese, and bake another 3-4 minutes until cheese gets melty.
Serve over noodles with more marinara sauce. And Enjoy!
Quick, easy, and a tasty dinner of chicken parmesan, made from chicken strips, great for kids.
10 minPrep Time
23 minCook Time
33 minTotal Time
- 12 ounce package Rigatoni noodles
- 1 bag Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips
- 6 pieces mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 1-25 ounce jar of favorite marinara pasta sauce
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Place Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips on a cookie sheet with a rack, I use a cooling rack set inside the cookie sheet.
- Bake according to package directions at 400 degrees for 18 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook Rigatoni according to package directions, and strain, then set aside.
- When chicken is cooked, spoon marinara over each piece, and place a slice of mozzarella over the marinara.
- Return to the oven for 3-4more minutes until cheese is melted.
- Heat additional marinara on stove top
- Plate with pasta first, marinara, chicken, and then garnish with fresh basil
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson. The opinions and text are all mine.