This is a sponsored post written on behalf of Kroger, all opinions are my own. #BoardtoTable #ad
Creamy Rosemary and Mushroom Skillet Chicken Thighs are creamy, hearty, and delicious. This one skillet meal is so easy to make, and a real crowd pleaser. You are going to love every last creamy, luscious bite!
Look at this meal, and tell me you don’t want it? It is the perfect midweek meal, it is simple, delicious, and really easy to make. So go ahead and pin it to your midweek meals board, or maybe make it for dinner tonight.
Wouldn’t it be nice if when you saw a recipe on Pinterest, and wanted to make it, you could just hit a button, and everything you need for that recipe would magically appear in your kitchen? I can’t tell you the number of times I have seen some mouthwatering, definition of drool-worthy, absolutely enticing recipe and wished I had what I needed to make it. And then I don’t write it all down right away, and by the time I get to the store I have forgotten all the stuff, or can’t find the pin, and so it goes unmade.
Well, if you are anything like me, today is your lucky day because Kroger just made grocery shopping even better. They created a new app called Board to Table. It is an iOS app, that makes it easier than ever to shop for the ingredients you need for your favorite Pinterest recipes.
Essentially, the way it works is you pin stuff you want to make. So go ahead, and pin this Skillet Chicken Thighs recipe.
- Once you have pinned it, open the app. The app will populate with your boards, and within those boards, your pins that are rich pins.
- From within the app you click on the pin you want to make.
- Click “Add All Ingredients to List” and the ingredients will pull up.
- You will see a recipe list summary, and you can check it, and get rid of things you already have, etc. Then you can hit “Send List Summary to Shopping List” and the app will them to a shopping list in the Kroger app.
- You name the list, so it might be something like, “Dinner for the Week” not to be confused with regular, staples, once you have done that you can send the list summary to the shopping list.
- At this point it will open for you in the Kroger app of your choice. For me that is the Smith’s app. And you now have a list created and readily available on your phone. No more forgetting ingredients.
Your dreams of auto-magically grocery shopping are one step closer to coming true. I was already a huge fan of Kroger, particularly Smith’s the banner store near me, and then they came out with their ClickList option, where you order your groceries online, and then you can pick them up at their location. You just wait in your car and call the number and they bring them out to you. Now having a feature that makes creating my shopping list quicker and easier than ever just makes me love them even more. I can use the app to create my list, and use ClickList to shop for it, and I basically don’t have to do anything. AMAZING!
Here is what you need to know about using the app:
- First, it is an iOS app, so in order to use Board to Table you have to have iOS. It is a new app in customer trial mode. Only a limited number of customers will be able to download it, so act now!
- Second, in order to use it correctly, and have it work, you have to have both the Pinterest app and the Kroger app installed on your device, and logged in. If you have a lot of Pinterest pins it may take a while to load, be patient, it works!
- Not every pin works…which is too bad, but in order for the app to get the info it needs to make your shopping list, the pin has to be what is called a “rich” pin, which means that the ingredients list and directions appear under the pin, and not every blogger or content creator has that feature enabled. But if the recipe you wants is a rich or smart pin, it will work.
So now, give it a try with this recipe for Creamy Rosemary and Mushroom Skillet Chicken Thighs. You can get the app, and populate your shopping list so you can make this savory, delicious, mouthwatering chicken.
Ok, so back to the chicken. You start by searing it in a skillet. This will give you that crispy skin and help render the fat down so your creamy sauce doesn’t get too oily. If you don’t cook it long enough, you can always dump off some of the oily sauce and add some extra cream and chicken stock at the very end.
It has rosemary to make it aromatic and deliciously flavored, and those delicious mushrooms to add an earthy heartiness I just can’t get enough of.
After you sear the chicken and get those mushrooms nice and tender, you bake it to finish it off. Eazy Peazy!
I love chicken thighs because they are literally one of the easiest things to make. They are low cost. And they are hard to ruin. So it is a perfect meal for a busy night.
Pin to your Chicken dinner board on Pinterest:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.