Sugar cookie cups filled with cherry pie filling and topped with chocolate ganache for a chocolate covered cherry cookie cup sure to bring cheer to anyone’s holiday! And a giveaway to help you #SpreadCheer with cookies this holiday season.
This year during Halloween we “Boo-ed” a few of our neighbors. My kids absolutely loved it. They literally talked about it all month long. I was so happy when we got Boo-ed in return because I think my kids might have been heart broken if we hadn’t.
Then October ended, and I did not hear much about it again. Only then November hit…and we got “Gobbled” which is basically the same thing as being Boo-ed but with a Thanksgiving twist. And you guys, I am the WORST mom ever, and we did not Gobble anyone in return. I just did not have time. And my kids were so so so disappointed.
After talking about it, we decided that we would “Spread Cheer” in December instead! We decided to bake some cookies, and put together some fun gift baskets full of homemade treats and packaged goodies for neighbors and friends to be able to pass the cheer along. So we made these fun baskets.
I went to Smith’s, my local Kroger banner store, and stocked up on lots of Betty Crocker Mixes and other fun things for our Spread Cheer basket. Then I cam home and the kids and I baked up some delicious holiday cookie cups to share with out neighbors. We used a Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix to simplify things, then amped them up with cherry pie filling and chocolate ganache.
This one turned out really pretty, the other ones definitely show how much fun the kids had “helping” me. Either way they taste great, and truthfully, no one we gave them to is going to mind. I think they understood the spirit of just bringing more joy and happiness into the world.
One thing I loved was having a quick short cut for cookie making. We made sure we included some easy cookie mixes and extras so other people could make cookies and amp them up a bit too. For example, we included Peanut Butter Cookies mix and then Chocolate Kisses so they could make kiss thumbprints. Don’t worry, we included recipes
Anyway, it was so fun to make these baskets, and drop them off to unsuspecting neighbors and friends. Because we had home baked goods in them I did give the parents a little heads up so that they wouldn’t throw them out! Not that anyone would want to throw away these glorious little chocolate covered cherry sugar cookie cups, but you can never be too careful!
It was so fun establishing this new tradition that I wanted to share it and give you each a chance to have fun spreading cheer as well. To make it more affordable, here is a coupon you can print at home and redeem in the retailer of your choice, where you can Save $0.50 when you buy ONE (1) Betty Crocker™ Cookie Mix. Just look for the clickable coupon image to the right once you click the link.
10 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- 1 package of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix (1 lb 1.5 ounce package) mixed according to package directions
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix sugar cookies according to package directions adding butter and water
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray or use silicone liners
- Portion out the dough into 12 even balls
- Press the dough into your muffin tin, creating a cup shape
- Fill the center with cherry pie filling
- Bake for 10-14 minutes until cookies start to brown on the edges
- Remove and let cool
- Remove cookie cups from muffin tin
- In a microwave safe dish heat the heavy whipping cream for 30-45 seconds, stir in chocolate chips and keep stirring until melted and smooth
- Spoon some on top of each cookie cup and garnish with powdered sugar, if desired.
Download the coupon and the free #SpreadCheer printables (tags, coloring pages and more) so you can save $$$ on Betty Crocker products and use them to help #SpreadCheer in your own neighborhood! And post about it!!! Let’s blow up social media with our cheer, and our fun! Use #SpreadCheer to post your cheer baskets and encourage others to spread cheer as well!
To help make it easier I am giving one of you a $20 via Paypal to help you #SpreadCheer. So here’s how to enter:
- Download the coupon here, and head out to buy your favorite Betty Crocker Cookie Mix.
- Bake cookies and give them to someone to help #SpreadCheer
- Take a picture of your cookies and share on any social channel with #SpreadCheer
- Leave a comment here telling me why you love to spread cheer with a link to your social share!
Winner will be chosen December 30 and contacted within a day or two.
Don’t forget to pin this fun and easy cookie cup recipe for later: