This Classic Easy Greek Salad will be your go to quick meal all summer long. It is fresh, it is easy, and it is tasty! Plus it is amazing with grilled chicken or a side of pita bread.
Classic and Easy Greek Salad
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by Eazypeazymealz.com
Recipe & Photos by Nagi of Recipe Tin Eats
Pin it to your SALAD board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Do you guys know my friend Nagi from RecipeTinEats.com? She is a rock star blogger, and she knew I was planning to travel a lot this summer, so to help me have more free time, she kindly provided this fantastic Classic and Easy Greek Salad for all of you. It is an easy salad recipe, and one of the best Greek salad recipes I have ever tried.
Classic Easy Greek Salad delicious-ness starts with a luscious greek dressing you could also double as a marinade for grilled chicken to add to this salad. It is super easy, you can whisk it all together, or put it in a mason jar and shake it shake it…maybe to your favorite Taylor Swift song.
After the dressing sits for a bit to get all the flavors nicely combined, you just toss your cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, olives, and feta in it. Pretty simple right? And absolutely stunning on the plate, as well as mouthwatering.
I am pretty sure if you turned up at a BBQ with this Classic Easy Greek Salad in tow, no one would turn you away. So make up a big batch, hop in your car, and let your nose guide you to the nearest party. Hahahah just kidding, no party crashing suggested here. But for sure bring it when you get invited to a summer pool party, as this salad will wow.
One of the things that really make this Classic Easy Greek Salad good is the quality of the olives. So be sure to buy high quality black kalamata olives, that are flavorful, firm, and as tasty as you would want for a salad like this.
- 3 tomatoes (size of a tennis ball)
- 4 Lebanese / Persian cucumbers (about 8″/20cm long)
- 1/2 small red onion (size of a tennis ball)
- 250g/8oz feta block
- 5.5oz/125g black kalamata olives
- Greek Salad Dressing
- 1 garlic clove, minced (about 1/2 tsp minced garlic)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt (or 1/2 tsp Kosher salt)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (preferably Greek!)
- Place Greek Salad Dressing ingredients in a jar and shake until well combined. Set aside for 20 minutes to let the flavours infuse.
- Tomatoes: Cut each tomato into 6 wedges, then cut each wedge into 3 or 4 pieces. If the tomato is watery, scoop out the watery seeds inside with a teaspoon.
- Cucumbers: Slice the cucumber into 1/2cm / 1/5″ thick slices. Or if they are thick cucumbers, slice the cucumber in half vertically, then slice.
- Onion: Peel and finely slice the red onion. I keep it in rings – you could cut it in half then slice.
- Feta: Cut into 1cm / 2/5″ cubes.
- Place the tomato, cucumber, onion, feta and olives in a bowl and pour over dressing. Toss to combine. Serve immediately! Great with grilled chicken breast
Be sure to pin this to your SUMMER SALADS Pinterest board!
Here’s some more salad recipes you might enjoy
- Easy Greek Salmon Salad
- Pina Colada Fruit Salad
- Mexican Corn Salad
- Navel Orange and Kale Salad
- Spicy Shrimp Salad with Lime Sesame Dressing
Get EZPZ Updates In Your Inbox!