Thanksgiving is the feast where a million different things need to go in the oven, so it all has to be timed perfectly. Right? Why not cook your turkey in a crock pot this year?
- 3 lb boneless turkey roast or bone in turkey breast
- 1/2 a large onion, diced
- 15 baby carrots
- 3 stalks of celery, roughly shopped
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 5 strips uncooked turkey bacon
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Rinse and pat dry turkey breast
- Liberally sprinkle with salt, pepper, and some seasonings.
- Coat bottom of slow cooker with olive oil.
- Add onions, carrot, celery, and garlic.
- Place turkey breast on top of vegetables.
- Place turkey bacon strips across turkey breast.
- Cover and cook on low, 6 hours.
- Carve or shred, and serve with pan juices and baby carrots.