This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameNightIn #CollectiveBias
The perfect family game night NEEDS the perfect game night snack. Something quick, easy to grab, and that won’t get your hands sticky and ruin the game. This Crunchy Caramel & M&M’s® Popcorn Mix offers something for everyone crunch, chocolate, caramel, and salt without a gooey mess!
Oh my gosh you guys, things at the Yerkes Circus have been just that…a three ring circus. Scratch that, a five ring circus. Or whatever number of rings are required to define the insanity I feel like we are living in.
We have moving boxes, deadlines, school projects, and so much going on I feel like we have kind of started to lose touch with each other. Do you guys ever feel that way?
My days kind of goes like this:
- Get up, get kids out the door for school.
- Come home, work my butt off, ignore my 2 kids still at home so I can try and check a few things off the never ending to do list.
- Feed said remaining kids.
- Take 1 to school, strap other into carseat for errand running. Hope she naps because there is no way we are going to be home long enough.
- Work, clean, pack, etc.
- Pick kids up from school.
- Homework. Chores. Piano. Soccer Practice.
- Feed them.
We pretty much go go go, and never slow down enough to enjoy time together and that is not good. I feel like lately it has been all business at our house. And we are kind of losing that connection. Ya know? And that is kind of real life for a lot of people. We get too much on our plate, and family time that is not checking off to-do list stuff gets sacrificed.
Well, I am tired of putting myself and my family last (notice it did not say shower or workout anywhere on that list, who has time for that?), I realized our life is never going to slow down. That is just not realistic. So I need to find ways to focus on family despite the chaos. And for us that means reinstating scheduled regular family game nights. You guys, we were so good about it for-evah! But then we missed one because of this, then we skipped one because of that. And before I could blink it had been like a year since we had truly held regular game nights. So sad!
That changes today. Wednesday nights are now family game night. And there are treats!
I went to Walmart to get supplies, and called on M&M’s® and Hasbro® to help me out! M&M’s® gave me something that would get my family to put down their other things, and head to the kitchen table. And Hasbro® gave me something for them to do when they got there! Score 1 for mom.
We love our game night snacks, and I have an arsenal of them, but for the reinstatement of regular family game night I figured I needed something new, and something that would please everyone with some sweet, some salty, some chocolate, some caramel, some crunch, and just some good old deliciousness.
This amazing caramel popcorn snack mix was the result. Drool.
As for games. Tonight we are sticking with the classics: HASBRO® Jenga and Classic Monopoly! They are some of our favorites, and you can’t go wrong with them. The fact that playing Monopoly helps my kids with simple math, and Jenga with fine motor skills is an added perk!
And you can get a coupon for the M&M’s here. Making your game night both cheap and fun!
Anyway, don’t take my word for it. Try this yummy mix yourself and play these fun games.
Crunchy Caramel & M&M's® Popcorn MixPrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts
- 1 1/2 TBS salt large crystal
- 1 cup Peanut M&M's®
- 1 cup Pretzel M&M's®
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Pop the popcorn
- In a thick bottom pot, bring butter, brown sugar, and water to a boil
- Pour over popped corn, chow mien, and nuts, and give it a stir
- Sprinkle large crystal salt over the top
- Split popcorn mixture onto two parchment or baking mat lined cookie sheets
- Bake at 300 degrees for 40 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes
- Remove from oven, let cool for about 5 minutes
- Stir in M&M's® and enjoy!
So head over to Walmart and buy these classic games and some M&M’s® and make it!