These Smores Bars are made with Honey Maid Go Bites, dark chocolate, and homemade marshmallows that are sugar free!
These Honey Maid Go Bites Smores Bars are delicious, way easier to make than you would think, are low in sugar, packed with protein and whole grains!
I have a picky eater who loves his treats. He pretty much would be in heaven if I never made him eat a vegetable again.
My two oldest kids are not picky eaters at all. So having one that is has been really hard for me. I am way out of my element, and I never know what to feed him. I try so hard to help him get wholesome foods, proteins, nutrients, and more in his diet. Sometimes I have to be sneaky with it. I know I am not alone in this struggle. A recent study showed less than 1% of children gets the recommended amount of whole grains in their diets
These Honey Maid Go Bites Smores Bars are made with homemade “healthier” marshmallows (high fructose corn syrup and sugar free), dark chocolate (which is also sugar free), and Honey Maid Go Bites. Honey Maid Go Bites are crispy graham pickets filled with chocolate or vanilla flavored fillings. They contain no high fructose corn syrup or artificial flavors. Honey Maid Go Bites provide kids with about 15% of both the recommended daily value of whole grains (48g) and protein (34g).
I just love these Smores Bars because they are far more wholesome than they appear. Which means when my little picky eater wants a treat, and I give him one of these I don’t have to feel bad about it.
To make these you just spray your pan, pour in the Honey Maid Go Bites (chocolate is my preference), melt dark chocolate chips in the microwave, and pour them over the top.
Then make homemade sugar-free and high fructose corn syrup free marshmallows, pour them over the top, and sprinkle some powdered sugar or arrowroot starch (sugar free) over the top so they don’t stick. Let things set up, and slice!
I found the recipe for healthy marshmallows at LauraFuentes.com and only adjusted it slightly to fit my needs. I added a little extra gelatin so it would set up faster, a little more vanilla because I love the flavor.
2 hr, 15 Prep Time
9 minCook Time
2 hr, 24 Total Time
- 1- 7 ounce package Honey Maid Go Bites Chocolate
- 1 3/4 cups dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup water (divided)
- 1 ounce Gelatine, unflavored
- 1 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsps vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting the top (optional) or Arrowroot Starch
- Grease an 11 x 7 inch pan
- Spray bottom with non-stick spray, and dump in box of Honey Maid Bites Chocolate Flavored.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Heat for 30 seconds, stir, then heat for another 30 seconds, stir again. Continue doing this until almost all is melted, then remove, and stir well, and pour over the Honey Maid Go Bites.
- Next make your marshmallows
- In a mixer bowl, add the gelatin and 1/2 cup of water
- Pour the other 1/2 cup of water in a heavy sauce pan with the honey, vanilla and the salt.
- Heat on medium high heat, bring to a slow boil, then use a candy thermometer and heat until you hit the soft ball stage (240 degrees), stirring occasionally. This should take 7-8 minutes.
- Once you hit soft ball stage, remove from heat, and using your stand mixer, turn on low, and slowly pour mixture into the bowl with the gelatin.
- Once all of your honey mixture is in, turn mixer to a higher speed and let beat until it turns white and becomes a thick marshmallow cream (about 10 minutes)
- Turn off mixer, and pour the mixture over your chocolate and Honey Maid Go Bites, use a spatula to smooth it out. Dust with arrowroot starch or powdered sugar, then let sit until marshmallow sets up (approx 2-3 hours)
- Use a sharp knife to cut into pieces, either bars or bite sized pieces
My little one did not even miss the sugar, and he loved the homemade marshmallows, so I will definitely need to make these again. I may even make these marshmallows to top my S’mores Brownies, or to use in my S’mores Nachos.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Be sure to check out my other S’mores Creations:
S’mores Nachos- Which would be great with the Honey Maid Go bites!