This Pork Loin with Apples, Potatoes, and Carrots can be made in one pan which makes for a quick and delicious weeknight meal!
Pork Loin with Apples Carrots & Potatoes
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your One Pan Dinner board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Hey all! Sam back from The Culinary Compass! I’m excited to share this Pork Loin with Apples, Potatoes, and Carrots dish with you! It’s a perfect meal for weeknights and can be cooked in one pan just to make clean up even easier.
Now that fall is slowly showing it’s face, hearty and warm dishes like this one are perfect for the crisp air.
The combination of apples, carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms give the dish great earthy flavors. The sauce has a kick from paprika to kick up those flavors and round the dish even more.
Feel free to add or change the vegetables that are included. Try peppers, onions, or fennel for even more variety!
I love pairing pork and apples together. Ever since I was a kid my mom would give me a side of apple sauce with my pork chops. Since then, it’s been a natural pairing for me when apple season comes around.
The apples in the dish really go well with the apple sauce too! I love the tart and crunch that they provide. Don’t forget to tell your guests there’s apples though! I’ve always had surprised faces from dinner guest while eating it thinking it was a potato.
The sauce comes out pretty thick since the base is apple sauce. If you find that you need more liquid to cover, add some vegetable stock to it to thin it out a little. It should coat everything pretty well especially with the juice from the pork.
Halfway through cooking, be sure to stir around the veggies and flip the pork if you think it needs it. If you have a meat thermometer that you can leave in the oven, I recommend putting it in the thickest part to be sure to cook it all the way through.
Serves 4-5 servings
15 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 lb plain pork loin
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1" cubes
- 3-4 small red potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
- 1/2 cup baby carrots, about 20
- 4 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz apple sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a 9x13" pan, spread around the olive oil and place the pork loin in the middle. Surround the pork with the cut up apple, potatoes, carrots, and mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, apple sauce, brown sugar, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Pour the apple sauce mixture over the veggies and pork evenly. Mix together to ensure everything is coated.
- Put in the oven and cook for 40 minutes, or until pork is cooked all the way through. Halfway through cooking, mix around the vegetables and flip over the pork to ensure even cooking.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin to your DINNER board: