Traditional Thanksgiving stuffing is transformed into this delicious Sausage Stuffing full of pork sausage, onions, mushrooms and celery giving a spin on something great!
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Side Dish board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Hey everyone it’s Alli from Tornadough Alli coming at you again! Thanksgiving is literally right around the corner? Who is excited? I know this gal is! I’m slightly obsessed with food…but obviously if I write a food blog you’d kind of come to that conclusion right? So it’s really no secret.
Ok maybe I’ll clarify myself, I’m slightly obsessed with lots of food all coming at me at once. And what better time to get in on that action then Thanksgiving? You have so many delicious dishes that everyone brings that the possibilities are endless and you have food for days…
One of my all time favorite recipes has always been stuffing. I could live off of potatoes and stuffing and I’d be good for quite some time. I mean, I like green beans and yams, and braised carrots, and usually eat a biscuit or two. But, I think I enjoy all the starchy food the most! Bring me all the carbs and I will be happy!
Well this year I took a little spin on the traditional stuffing and made this delicious Sausage Stuffing. Herbed bread is diced and toasted and it is mixed with cooked sausage, mushrooms, onions and celery. Combine it with some herbs, eggs and chicken broth and bake it until its nice and golden on top!
This Sausage stuffing is one of the easiest recipes you’ll ever see. If you are a fan of bread pudding like me (you’ll need to check out my Gingerbread Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce) stuffing is pretty much just the savory version of that. Beside making your own saves you the time of buying the boxed mix and trust me it will taste 10x better!
Serve this Sausage Stuffing with your turkey, potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole and desserts! It makes a great side dish, it’s homemade and everyone will be coming back for more!
Sausage StuffingPrint Pin Rate
- 1 1lb loaf of Herbed French Bread (or regular)
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 stick butter
- 5 stalks celery diced
- 1 cup white button mushrooms diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- 6 fresh sage leaves chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tsp rosemary chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Slice your bread into 1" pieces and place on a cookie sheet and place in oven for about 10-15 minutes to dry out, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven and place in bowl when done.
- In large saute pan fry your sausage and drain and remove and set aside.
- To the same pan melt your butter then add your celery, mushrooms and onions and heat on medium heat until they have softened.
- Add your sausage, veggies and herbs to your bread and stir to combine.
- In large bowl add your chicken broth and eggs and stir to combine.
- Pour over your bread mixture stirring to coat all pieces, let sit for about 5 minutes to soak up the liquid.
- Meanwhile spray a 2qt baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and pour your stuffing mixture into dish.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for about 30 minutes, then remove foil and continue baking until top is golden and center is set, about 10 minutes.
Pin to your Thanksgiving board: