Easy and Cheesy, these sheet pan Philly Cheesesteaks are everything you love about cheesesteaks with a fraction of the work. Tender meat, flavorful peppers, onions, and mushrooms, and plenty of ooey gooey cheese to satisfy any Philly Cheesesteak craving.
I love a meal that is quick and easy to make, and this one comes together in under 30 minutes, and is ridiculously easy. You really only need a few simple ingredients, and a baking sheet!
If you are in a real hurry, you could even purchase the pre-chopped peppers, onions, and mushrooms at your local grocery store. On nights when I am in a rush, that makes this a 2 minute prep dinner! I call that a win.
You just throw everything on the tray, and bake!
I love all things Philly Cheesesteak, like this tasty Philly Cheesesteak stuffed french bread, and I will never turn down a good sandwich, give me a Reuben, a BLT, or even a PB and J and I am a happy girl. But there is something about melty cheese, delicious onions, peppers, and mushrooms, with chunks of flavorful beef that really makes my mouth water.
Traditionally a Philly Cheesesteak is made with a Sirloin cut, but I love flank steak and the versatility of it. I used in a few weeks back in a flank steak sheet pan fajita and loved how tender and delicious it ended up (especially when cut thin) that I knew I wanted to try it for a Philly Cheesesteak. And boy am I glad I did. It is delicious! And if you cut it super thin, you get enough chew to get that heartiness, while keeping it tender and delicious. Just be sure to cut against the grain!
Then you can enjoy the tender, delicious goodness. I mean seriously, just look at that filling. Tell me you don’t want to dive right in?
Tips for Philly Cheesesteaks:
- Make sure you melt the cheese long enough that it is easy to stir through
- Toast the rolls to add texture, and to keep them from getting soggy
- Season to your personal preference.
- Adjust quantities and ratios of onions, peppers, and mushrooms to personal preference.
- Rest meat for 10 minutes before slicing to help it stay juicy and tender.
- Eat while wearing this shirt!
Yields 4 sandwiches
Easy to make sheet pan philly cheesesteaks that are tender, flavorful, and cheesy delicious.
5 minPrep Time
23 minCook Time
28 minTotal Time
- 1 1/4 lb flank steak
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup yellow onion
- 1 cup green pepper
- 1/2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 4 Hoagies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place flank steak on a tray, and season with salt and pepper
- Pour olive oil and Worcestershire Sauce over the top, and rub in.
- In a bowl combine peppers and onions and mushrooms, and add olive oil, Worcestershire, and salt and pepper, stir to combine.
- Dump around the outside of the flank steak, over the tray.
- Bake 15 minutes
- Broil 3-5 minutes
- Take flank steak off tray, and slice into very thin slices, and bite sized pieces. Add back to the tray
- Cover the meat and veggies with the provolone cheese
- Bake with cheese 5-7 additional minutes at 350 degrees
- Stir well to combine cheese with veggies and meat
- Load up hoagies, season with additional salt and pepper if desired
Pin to your Sandwiches Board on Pinterest: