The Ultimate Easy BBQ Baked Beans: These easy baked beans are so flavorful and delicious, not to mention easy to make. They are the ultimate side dish, and an excellent addition to summer barbecues and parties. These BBQ baked beans are a family favorite.
The first time I decided to make BBQ Baked Beans I realized that everyone on the planet claims that theirs are the best. Some people mix in various mustards, or liquors, or molasses, or brown sugar, or both. Southern Baked Beans, BBQ Baked Beans, Easy Baked Beans. Basically there are a ton of variations, from baked beans with bacon, to baked beans with sausage, to baked beans with salt pork or short ribs. And they all claim to be the best. And chances are, they are all pretty good.
So I knew I had to make my own and experiment to find the “ultimate” recipe. The recipe that offers the perfect combination of sweet, tangy, and hearty, with some salty bacon, or some flavorful sausage. Basically I took all the best parts of the other “WORLD’S BEST BAKED BEANS” and made the ultimate recipe. One that always has my family licking the container clean, and my friends begging for more.
Not only are these baked beans actually baked, but they also combine sweetness, heat, vinegar, and many other delightful flavors that all combine to make something truly magical.
My husband mentioned he wants these to make an appearance at every BBQ we throw over the summer. Pretty sure he would have eaten the whole pan himself if I would have let him. But of course, I wanted some of them too!
BBQ Baked Beans Tips
- Simmer and Bake: To get the ultimate baked beans, you need to first simmer all the ingredients in a pot, letting flavors meld and combine, then bake to finish them off. Trust the process. They are going to smell amazing, and you are going to think you can skip the baking and just eat them out of the pot. But baking your baked beans adds a little something extra, so don’t skip it!
- Start with great beans: I use Bush’s Baked Beans because the better ingredients you start with, the better the finished product will be. So use the best bacon you can get your hands on, the best sausage, the best onions, and of course the best beans!
- Garnish: It is amazing what a little bit of freshness, like green onion, can do to lift the flavors. They are rich, heavy, and ultimately delicious baked beans, but adding a little garnish gives them a little light refreshing burst!
Other great sides for BBQ’s:
- Cheddar Bacon Florida Sweet Corn
- Red Bliss Potato Salad with Dill
- Spiced Sweet Potato Wedges
- Classic Mustard Potato Salad
- Mexican Corn Salad
Pin to your SIDES board on Pinterest:
Get EZPZ Updates In Your Inbox!