Thank you Nature Valley for sponsoring this post, and keeping it free for my readers. All opinions and my love for the new Nature ValleyTM Toasted Oats Muesli are all my own.
Get $1 off the new Nature ValleyTM Muesli with this coupon!
Muesli Artisan Bread that can be mixed together in about 5 minutes, and then cooks in the slow cooker for only an hour and a half, for a quick, delicious, and super easy bread!
You guys, I am seriously obsessed with making bread in my slow cooker. I love artisan bread, but rarely feel like driving to the bakery to pick some up. I no longer have to. With just a few simple ingredients, and 5 minutes knead time, and an hour and a half in the slow cooker, you get this!
Did you know Nature Valley now makes Toasted Muesli? You can get either of these two flavors: Nature ValleyTM Toasted Oats Muesli-Blueberry, and Nature ValleyTM Toasted Oats Muesli-Original. It is amazing! It is lightly sweet, nutty, flavorful, and full of awesome texture. Did I mention it is healthy? Nature Valley Toasted Oats Muesli is a delicious blend of whole rolled oats, fruit, nuts, and seeds. And the perfect breakfast food. You can learn more about it on the Nature Valley site, so click here for the coupon and then click on the Nature Valley icon for more info and recipes.
When it comes to breakfast, I am not a huge eater. But I love a good piece of toast, preferably with an awesome bread. So I took one of my favorite slow cooker bread recipes and changed it up by adding Muesli
Hot or cold, its delightful texture makes it easy to enjoy anyway you serve it up. Especially in this bread! It is wholesome goodness you can see and taste. And offers such a nice, nutty, oat filled flavor. Beginning June 1, Nature Valley Muesli can be found in major retailers and grocery stores across the country.
So I just mixed up my bread dough, mixed in a big helping of the Blueberry Flavor Muesli, which has whole grain oats, sunflower seeds, dried blueberries, pumpkin seeds, raisins, almond pieces, dried cranberries. Then I let it knead in my mixer for 5 full minutes. This gives it a chance to activate the gluten, and get a good texture for your bread.
You put it in your slow cooker with parchment lining the crock, and with paper towels over the top to absorb liquid. Then you set the lid very slightly ajar, and cook on the high setting for 1 1/2 hours. When you get it out, the top will not be browned, but the bottom will. So then you turn on your oven to broil, and broil it for 2-3 minutes until the top is beautifully browned.
Then top it and enjoy a healthy, easy, baked breakfast with Muesli! I love how versatile this Muesli is, and how it adds health and flavor to whatever I am eating for breakfast, where it is a yogurt parfait, a muffin, this bread, or hot cereal. Basically, it is good a ton of ways. You can find more fun recipes here. But if you like baking, simply try swapping out a few ingredients with muesli for a healthier option with just as much flavor.
1.5 hr Slow Cooker Muesli Artisan Bread
- 1 TBS yeast
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup Nature Valley Muesli-Blueberry
- 23/4 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 TBS white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Parchment paper
- 3 paper towels
- Mix together warm (not hot) water, yeast, and honey, and let sit for a minute for yeast to foam
- Stir together flour, Nature Valley Muesli-Blueberry, sugar, salt, and then mix with yeast mixture and olive oil
- Stir together with a wooden spoon
- Knead for 5 minutes, either by hand or with a stand mixer and hook attachment
- Line a crock pot with parchment and place ball of dough in center
- Put paper towels over the top, and put the lid, very slightly ajar over that, this will help absorb some of the moisture so the top of your bread is not mushy and wet while the bottom is crispy.
- Cook on high for an hour and a half, or until bottom is browned (You can just lift it out with the parchment to check how brown the bottom is).
- Remove from crock pot, put on a baking tray, and into a preheated oven set to broil on high. Broil 2-3 minutes or until you reach the desired golden brown.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Once it is done, you can put butter, and jam on top! Enjoy! Click Here for more recipes.