These are mighty tasty stuffed peppers. I have to say I am a big fan of stuffed peppers, and these are really good. They have a ton of deliciousness stuffed into one thing: corn, bacon, feta, sweet potatoes. If you like stuffed peppers too, this recipe for hearty stuffed peppers is also good. One thing to note is that spices can change in the freezer, so always season AFTER freezing as well, otherwise this might taste bland to you.
Chicken, Bacon, Feta, Roasted Sweet Corn and Sweet Potato Stuffed PeppersPrint Pin Rate
- 4 red bell peppers
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 lb chicken breast cooked and diced
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup roasted sweet corn
- 1 cup roasted diced sweet potatoes
- 1/4 c onion diced
- 3/4 c feta crumbles
- 1/4 cup toasted pinenuts
- 1 tbs onion powder
- Cheese of choice to top
- 1/2 tbs garlic salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 c chicken stock
- Cut tops off peppers
- Roast corn, onion and sweet potatoes. Add pinenuts to pan in last 5-10 minutes to toast them.
- Cook chicken breast
- Cook rice
- Combine onion powder, garlic salt, cumin and chicken stock in large bowl
- Add in all remaining ingredients, stir well
- Stuff mixture into peppers
- Top with cheese of choice or panko bread crumbs
- (Freeze at this point if making into a freezer meal, then thaw before cooking when ready to serve)
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
I fill the peppers whatever way works best, sideways (as pictured at top of post) or upright. If they won’t stand up on their own I fill them sideways, otherwise all the yumminess falls out while baking.