Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll up Bake: Juicy, flavorful chicken breasts, stuffed with ham and asiago cheese, then bathed in a creamy alfredo sauce that is so easy to make, topped with more cheese, and baked to bubbly, golden perfection.
Have you ever eaten something that blew your mind? That was this Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll Up Bake for me! I saw the amazing Stella Cheese, and as a huge cheese lover, and someone who is constantly making cheese boards for snacks, and to take to friends, I knew I had to try it. They had this gorgeous Stella Asiago that was covered in rosemary, and was so divine that after tasting it on my cheese board, I needed to add it to everything. So I did:
I was literally laying in bed and started thinking about that cheese, and dreamed up this little concoction in my head. I knew I wanted it to be amazing, and thought it sounded great, and so I tried it. And ya know what? It was even better than I imagined. It is holiday dinner party worthy! You will be surprised by how seriously easy it is to make this chicken bake, and how much your guests will love it!
It is layers of flavor, and so hearty and tasty you will feel like you are at a five star restaurant. But it takes only 10 minutes or so of work on your part. We call that a win, and the ideal holiday party meal. Spend the time enjoying family and friends, but still serve them something they can really sink their teeth into.
The key to this meal is the ingredients. The Stella Asiago Cheese gives it so much flavor you will absolutely love it. And chicken is a win because it is something that is always easy to get your hands on, and most people like it. I also topped the chicken bake with a Stella Swiss Cheese, which I grated, and it added one more layer of delicious flavor. Fresh parsley took it over the top! Basically you are going to LOVE it.
Tips for making Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll Up Bakes
- Pound out the chicken: making the chicken nice and flat, and even will help it cook evenly and insure a safer food. Use a meat tenderizer like this one, and place it between plastic wrap sheets or in a plastic bag.
- Use a meat thermometer: Whenever you cook a rolled or stuffed meat it is important to check the internal temperature to make sure you do not accidentally serve undercooked chicken. The recommended temperature for chicken is 165 degrees. This is my favorite meat thermometer to cook with because it is an instant read thermometer.
- Cover the top so the cheese doesn’t burn before it is cooked through, remove a few minutes before you finish baking to melt the cheese and brown it up.
- Garnish with fresh herbs to take a heavier dish and lighten it up!
I have hosted a lot of dinner parties over the years, and I can’t wait to share this meal at my next one. I know it will be a hit. And I love how little work it is and how little clean up, but how massive the flavors are.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll up Bake
- 2 chicken breasts Cut in half, boneless and skinless
- 16 pieces ham thin cut sandwich meat
- 4 ounces Stella Asiago Cheese cut a brick, you want about 1 ounce per roll up
- 1 cup Stella Swiss Cheese shredded
- 1 Tbs Rosemary Garlic Seasoning
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 Tbs fresh parsley
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Put chicken breasts in a plastic bag, or cover with plastic wrap, and use a meat tenderizer to flatten the breasts and even it out. Do this one at a time.
- Layer each piece of chicken breast with 4 slices of ham, and one slice of cheese. Roll it up. Set aside
- In a blender combine alfredo ingredients and blend until smooth, only about 30 seconds. Taste, add salt and pepper as needed.
- Scoop some out and cover the bottom of a 9 x 9 or larger baking dish.
- Set rolled chicken in baking dish, and pour the rest of the sauce over the top, and spread it so it evenly covers the chicken.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. (Cover if needed)
- Garnish with additional fresh parsley
- Serve and enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Other Chicken Dinners we love:
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Baked Chicken
- Baked Chicken Avocado Bowls
- Cheesy Potato Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Spinach Tomato Pesto Chicken
Pin to your CHICKEN dinner board on Pinterest: