Does anyone out there in blogland like the Samoa girl scout cookies? Well I do. I made these cupcakes with those cookies in mind. However, when I first made them, I used a brownie mix, because I had one on hand, and I stirred caramel into it, and let me tell you, they were like bricks. Yuck. So, the pictures are from that batch, but the directions are for ones that are actually good, and work beautifully.
German Chocolate Samoa Cupcakes
- 1 box german chocolate cake mix prepared according to directions.
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes.
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce your favorite variety.
Chocolate buttercream frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup melted chocolate
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Bake cupcakes according to box directions.
- Mix caramel sauce and coconut flakes together.
- When cupcakes come out of oven, immediately put a scoop of caramel coconut in center. It will melt it a little and make a nice gooey center.
- Let cool.
- Mix up butter cream frosting by beating all ingredients together.
- Pipe frosting on top of cupcakes.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
First mix up your cupcake batter and bake.
Mix your coconut and caramel.
Stick a spoonful of coconut caramel on top of baked cupcakes.
Mix up your buttercream frosting.
Pipe frosting on top of cupcakes.