I love tacos, especially because, as you can see in the picture above, they work great even if you are running low on ingredients. I had some iceburg (ugh, I almost never buy the stuff, but I like it in a Chinese Chicken Salad that I make, and had leftovers), and I used bottled salsa because I had no fresh tomatoes. But these still were amazing. The creamy chipolte really makes this taco outstanding despite my lack of ingredients. This is the exact same recipe as the Pot Roast Sliders. I just use the meat a different way, which is great for those busy weeks when you have no time to cook.
Pot Roast Tacos with Creamy ChipoltePrint Pin Rate
- 3-4 lb beef roast
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 envelope Italian dressing mix
- 1 envelope Au Jus mix
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Creamy Chipolte Sauce
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 2 Tbs sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp creamy horseradish sauce
- Cabbage or lettuce
- Mix all ingredients for seasoning mix.
- Put roast in crock pot, cover with seasoning mix.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours (depending on size of roast)
- Slice thin or shred
- Mix together ingredients for creamy chipolte sauce
- Serve on tortillas with toppings of choice
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Free Weekly Meal Plan
Get a FREE weekly meal plan sent to your inbox, with shopping list! And the occasional update!