Twice baked potatoes are a fun freezer meal option that serve well as a side, or as a lunch entree. I particularly enjoy this version, as it can be made a lot of fun using sour cream, chopped cilantro, lime, and avocado. It is very tasty. Enjoy!
Santa Fe Loaded Baked Potatoes
- 8 medium potatoes
- 2 Tbs oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen sweet corn
- 3/4 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced tomato canned or fresh, if canned, drain
- 2 tbsp cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 3/4 cup grated white cheese Monterey Jack
- chopped cilantro for topping
- Lime for topping and garnish
- Mix spices together
- Brown ground beef
- Drain fat from pan
- Add in onions and garlic, cook until onions are translucent
- Add in tomatoes, corn, and black beans.
- Add in spices and cilantro, cover, turn on low, let simmer/cook for 5 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Cover a baking sheet with foil that is lightly brushed with oil
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Poke with a fork several times.
- Rub potatoes with oil.
- Place on foil lined sheet
- Bake for 50 mins. or until tender with crispy skins.
- Let them cool for a few minutes.
- Cut in half lengthwise
- Scoop out center, being careful not to ruin skin
- Brush with a little more oil
- Place back on sheet skin up
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Bake for 5 more minutes
- Stuff skins with filling mixture
- Top with shredded cheese
- (Freeze at this point if using these for a freezer meal. Thaw before heating to serve.)
- From Fresh: Bake at 350 until cheese is melted
- From Freezer: Thaw, Bake at 350 10-15 mins until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Cut your potatoes, scoop out the insides, spray with cooking spray, and bake again.
Fill skins, and freeze individually.
Bake, top with your favorites, and enjoy!