Spinach Dip (Instant Pot)
Hands down the easiest way to make spinach dip is in the pressure cooker. It has 3 cheeses! 3. Tastes amazing, and you do not have to chop or thaw, or squeeze out spinach, and really all you have to do is dump everything in, cook it, then stir in cheese. It is just that simple.
Does it get any easier? Serve it with baguettes, chips, or even cucumber slices.
If you are new to cooking with the instant pot, start with this ultimate guide to instant pot cooking to learn about the pot and how it works.
Why This Spinach Dip is the BEST Ever!
Confession, I am a HUGE fan of spinach artichoke dip, and order it all the time. So I can say with certainty that this spinach dip is the BEST! It is creamy, and cheesy, with great flavor. And you get all of that with hardly any work! Here are all the reasons it is the best:
- So Easy. If you haven’t made spinach dip in the pressure cooker before, you are in for a treat. It does all the work for you, quickly, and easily, making this incredible dip without much effort. Just dump in the ingredients, lock on the lid, and let it do its thing. The flavors meld beautifully without needing a ton of time. Basically, you get richly developed flavors without effort!
- Incredible Flavor. This should have been listed first and foremost, the best part about this dip is how it tastes. Who cares how easy it is, or how simple the ingredients are if you don’t like how it tastes. But trust me, this dip has the perfect balance of flavors, from tangy pickled artichokes, and salty cheeses, to the creaminess you get from mayo, sour cream, and cream cheese mixed. Then add in the spices, and not one, not two, but three types of cheese. Well it is delicious.
- Quick. The pressure cooker really speeds up the process, which means once you dump everything in, and let the pot come to pressure, it only takes 5 minutes to achieve perfection! Which means, if you happen to run out during a party or while watching a football game, just pass someone the baked wings, and make another batch. Before they know it, the new dip will be done.
- Can be Reheated. I always love when a good dip is easy to serve again. This dip can easily be reheated in the microwave, instant pot, or oven, to enjoy again.
- 3 Cheeses!!! It has already been mentioned, but the three cheeses combine to make the most perfect dip. The mozzarella is creamy. The parmesan salty, and the Sharp Cheddar is sharp enough to really make all the cheese flavors stand out. The perfect combo!
What You Need:
This recipe uses all the standard players in a spinach artichoke dip. It is mostly just the method that is different. But the combination of the spices, the method, result in a delicious dip you won’t be able to get enough of.
- Cream Cheese: I use a full fat cream cheese because I love the extra creaminess, but you can use a reduced fat to lighten this up.
- Frozen Spinach: You want the kind that is chopped up and you can add it into the pot still frozen. No need to drain or squeeze.
- Chicken Broth: This is not only going to add flavor, but provides the liquid needed to help the pot come up to pressure.
- Artichoke: A can of artichoke hearts, drained, and chopped make the perfect brine-y, salty, delicious addition.
- Sour Cream: Tangy and creamy, mixes well with the mayo and cream cheese.
- Mayonnaise: Use your favorite brand of mayo, or make your own mayonnaise.
- Seasonings: Garlic, Onion Powder, Paprika, Hot Sauce all combine to add even more depth of flavor, and really compliment and highlight the cheesy, creamy goodness of this dish.
- Garnish: Green Onion
- Cheese: Parmesan, Sharp Cheddar, Mozzarella
How to Make Spinach Dip in the Instant Pot:
Can I use fresh instead of frozen spinach?
Yes you can, but it is a good idea to wilt it first in a pan. But honestly, why go to the trouble, just use the frozen stuff!
To wilt spinach:
- Put it in a hot pan with a little oil.
- Cook it until it is cooked down.
You can dip almost anything into this creamy dip. It is also great on top of things like baked potatoes, Texas toast, grilled chicken breasts. Here are a few of our favorite dippers:
- Crusty bread
- Tortilla chips
- French bread
- Celery sticks
Spinach Dip Variations
This is a recipe for a classic spinach dip. It includes all ingredients you would expect, but the fun thing is, you can change it up, you can add other things, or replace things if you don’t have what the recipe calls for, and still get good results. Here are a few variations you can try:
- Other Cheeses: Replace the called for cheeses with equal amounts of Monterey Jack or Fontina cheese.
- Bacon or Sausafe: Make as directed, but add 1/2-1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon or cooked sausage crumbles.
- Sun Dried Tomatoes or Roasted Red Peppers: Make as directed, and add dd 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun dried tomatoes or roasted red peppers. Or both!
- Broil at the End. Get a bubbly crust that is fun to dig into by popping this beauty under the broiler for 4-5 minutes after pressure cooking.
- Lighten it Up: Feel free to swap in light mayonnaise, reduced fat cream cheese, or lower fat cheeses to help reduce calories. Just remember the fat helps with the creaminess, so there could be a difference in texture and flavor.
Make it Ahead
Can this dip be made ahead? Yes! It certainly can, and while it only takes a few minutes to prepare, having it already made can be nice.
- Make as directed.
- Store in the fridge in an oven-safe pan, (or microwave safe dish) until you’re all ready to serve.
- Heat in oven at 350° until warm all the way through when ready to serve.
- Or microwave, until hot and bubbly
Other great dips:
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Dill Dip
- Corn Dip
- Best Ever Layered Bean Dip
- Classic 7 Layer Dip Upgraded
- Cheddar Bacon Jalapeno Baked Cheese Dip
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo Dip
Instant Pot Spinach Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 10 oz box Frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts drained, and chopped
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- Parsley or green onion for garnish
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shreds
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Drain and chop artichokes. Set aside.
- In a 6 qt Instant Pot, combine: cream cheese, frozen spinach, chicken broth, artichoke hearts, sour cream, mayonnaise, minced garlic, onion powder, paprika, and hot sauce.
- Stir to combine.
- Lock Instant Pot Lid into place, and set valve to the "sealing" position. Turn pot on manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once time is up, turn valve to “venting” to quick release the pressure. Once the pin drops, remove the lid, and add the parmesan, mozzarella, and sharp cheddar cheese.
- Stir cheeses in until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or green onion
- Serve immediately, with chips, slices of baguette, etc.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.