Easy Spanish Paella
Easy Spanish Paella: Saffron infused rice, hearty sausage, prawns, fresh green beans, and more! This Easy Spanish Paella will take your tastebuds on a Valencian vacation.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 8 ounce rice 1 package) I used "Vigos" saffron Spanish rice, which has some seasoning in the package, but any kind works.
- 2 Tbs garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 pinches saffron threads large pinches of Spanish saffron soaked in 1 cup water
- 26 ounces Seafood Stock Can replace with chicken stock if you can't find seafood stock
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans ends snipped, and cut in half.
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage Kielbasa
- 1 lb large prawns or large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
In a Le Creuset Paella Pan (or large cast iron skillet), heat olive oil, and saute onions for 2-3 minutes until fragrant over medium-high heat
Add in minced garlic and rice with 1/4 cup water
Cook for 3-5 minutes
Pour saffron and the water it is soaking in over the top, along with the stock
Add seasonings, green beans, tomatoes, and smoked sausage
Add some salt and pepper to taste.
Turn down to low heat and let simmer for 20-25 minutes. Do not stir, you want that nice crust to form on the bottom.
Put your uncooked shrimp on top, and press down into the rice, then let cook for 10 more minutes until shrimp is pink, add some pepper and salt if desired
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!
Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 217mg | Sodium: 1308mg | Potassium: 488mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 930IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 189mg | Iron: 3.4mg