Yellow Curry Chicken
Delicious yellow curry chicken, a fantastic simmered chicken dish, with curry spices, coconut milk, and tomato paste.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 yellow or white onion small, chopped
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 15 ounce coconut milk canned, full fat
- ½ cup water or chicken stock optional
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt to taste
- fresh cilantro handful, roughly chopped
- 4 cups cooked white rice for serving
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium low heat.
Add the onions and minced garlic and saute for a few minutes until the onions are fragrant and softened.
Add the chicken and saute for 2-3 minutes, browning it a little.
Add curry powder and paste; saute for 3-5 minutes.
Add the coconut milk, and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
Add water or chicken stock depending on the consistency you want for the sauce, or let simmer longer to thicken if needed.
Stir in the brown sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice
Taste and salt if needed
Top with fresh cilantro, serve over cooked rice
Calories: 626kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 310mg | Potassium: 780mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1806IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 5mg