This Acai bowl is a refreshingly, healthy breakfast or snack option featuring the ever so fabulous acai fruit, partnered with berries, banana and yogurt.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 1 banana - sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup blueberries - frozen
- 1/2 cup strawberries - frozen
- 1/2 cup apple juice frozen concentrate more if liquid is needed
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 100 grams frozen acai puree - broken into pieces
- Nuts and seeds like chia seeds
- Fresh sliced fruit and berries mangos are so pretty
- Dried coconut flakes
All fruit needs to be frozen to get the right consistency, so if you do not have frozen bananas (or other fruit), step one is freeze your fruit.
Place all ingredients except your toppings into a blender. Use a large, high-speed blender with a tamper for best results. Break up the acai.
Start blending with the blender on low, while it is low, use the tamper to push the frozen fruit down, helping to mix things around as much as possible.
Continue to blend on low until smooth, only adding additional liquid if needed.
Divide the smoothie into two bowls. And assemble by topping with all your favorite toppings. Make it pretty