Sheet Pan Sweet and Sour Chicken
Sweet and tangy sauce, over chicken, with tender vegetables and pineapple, make this take-out fake-out a fast family favorite. Tender bites of chicken, and the best sauce! And only one pan, making it quick to make and clean up.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 1/8 teaspoon each: salt & pepper
- 4 bell peppers cut into 1 inch pieces (use a variety of colors, red, green, yellow, and orange)
- 20- ounces pineapple chunks drained
- 1/2 cup red onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- chopped green onions for garnish
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh ginger minced, or ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken to a large zip lock bag along with 1/3 cup corn starch, seal and shake to coat.
Place diced chicken, on a cooking sheet, and spray with an olive oil cooking spray.
Bake for 15 minutes, then flip.
Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients and whisk to combine.
Add peppers, pineapple, and onions to the baking sheet.
Pour sauce over the top, and stir to combine.
Place in oven on middle rack and bake for 30 minutes
Add sugar snap peas, and stir to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes, to let sauce set up, and snap peas to become tender. Optional: Broil for 3-5 minutes to crisp up veggies and caramelize sauce.
Garnish with green onions.
Serve over white rice and enjoy!
Cooking time can vary depending on how large you dice your chicken. 1 inch pieces is best, but if you make them smaller, shorten time.
How To Freeze:
- Prepare all of the components of the recipe, but do not assemble or cook.
- Place chicken in a quart sized freezer bag. Sauce in another. And peppers, onions and pineapple in another.
- Transfer all the bags to gallon sized freezer bags.
- Put in the freezer.
- When ready to make, simply pull out of the freezer and let defrost, then assemble as stated in the recipe.
Calories: 477kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 1061mg | Potassium: 1285mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 49g | Vitamin A: 4305IU | Vitamin C: 186mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 3mg