Kale, Edamame, Quinoa Super Salad
This tasty kale edamame quinoa super salad is packed with nutritious ingredients and flavor and it is easy to make.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa cooled (cook according to package directions)
- 1 cup edamame cooked and cooled
- 3 cups Kale chopped, ribs removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 3 sweet mini peppers diced
- 1 mango pitted and diced
- 1 avocado pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup Toasted nuts or seeds
- 2 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh is best
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- pinch dillweed
- fresh ground pepper to taste
Chop vegetables and mango, and cook quinoa and edamame.
Assemble dressing by putting all dressing ingredients in blender, and blending 10 seconds, or just mix by hand. Set aside.
Wash and dry kale, remove the ribs, then chop kale, and coat with dressing.
Use your hands to massage the dressing into the leaves until they are soft and a dark green.
Refrigerate 15 minutes
Add in cooked quinoa and edamame after cooled.
Add sweet mini peppers, tomatoes, onion, mango, and avocado.
Garnish with nuts or seeds
Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 110mg | Potassium: 1049mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 6379IU | Vitamin C: 125mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 4mg