Orzo Pasta Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
A fantastic orzo pasta salad with a nice lemon vinaigrette. Easy, light, and delicious. The perfect summer side dish.
- 2 cups orzo pasta cooked
- 3 radishes cut into small slices
- 10 grape tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup cauliflower cut small
- 1/3 cup red onion diced small
- 1/3 cup sweet mini peppers sliced (red, orange, and yellow, 1 each)
- 2 Tbs Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 2 Tbs Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced (about 1 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup Olive oil extra virgin
Cook the orzo pasta according to package directions and and put it in the refrigerator to cool. (Takes about 9 minutes to cook)
Wash and chop all the vegetables, cut vegetables to a uniform size.
Mix veggies and pasta together in a large bowl, and set aside.
Whisk together dressing ingredients in a bowl until emulsified
Pour desired amount of dressing over top, and stir well. If making ahead, reserve some dressing to refresh and rehydrate before serving.
Calories: 469kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 390mg | Potassium: 358mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 427IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2mg