Chinese Chicken Salad with Mandarin Orange Vinaigrette
Chinese chicken salad has crunch, tang, and texture and also the most amazing flavor profile ever!
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 cup match-sticked carrots
- 3 mini sweet peppers red, sliced
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges reserve the juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup chow mein noodles
- 1 chicken breast cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbs Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 Tbs Honey
- 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Sriracha or hot sauce of choice
- 1/2 Tbs Mandarin Orange juice
- 1/2 Tbs Lemon Juice Fresh is best
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Chop chicken into bite sized pieces, and in a small fry pan with 1 tsp olive oil.
Add sweet chili sauce, honey, lemon juice, and Sriracha on top of chicken, stir well and cook until chicken is done (4-5 more minutes), then set aside to let cool.
Thinly slice the cabbage and toss all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl, set aside
In a mason jar or salad dressing jar mix together salad dressing ingredients
Combine chicken and salad ingredients, and toss well. The sauce from the chicken should lightly coat the cabbage.
Add dressing right before serving according to preference