Rich, creamy gravy from drippings, accompanied with butter, and all the best seasonings, makes this Turkey Gravy recipe mouthwatering good.
- 3 Tablespoon butter
- 3 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup turkey pan drippings
- 2 Cups low-sodium chicken broth or turkey stock
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced sage
- ½ teaspoon minced shallot
- splash dry white wine optional
In a small saucepan over medium heat, add butter and shallots to the pan.
Melt butter, once melted, whisk in flour and cook until golden, about 1 minute.
Slowly whisk in pan drippings.
Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently until slightly thickened.
Stir in fresh herbs.
Whisk in 1 cup broth and return mixture to a simmer.
Taste, and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Simmer for 10 minutes, gradually adding more broth if gravy is too thick.
Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to your preference.