Chile Con Queso
Chili con queso is a perfect spicy, silky, creamy, cheesy dip and is amazing served with chips.
- 1 pound hot breakfast sausage
- ½ cup onion diced
- 16 ounce Velveeta Original
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 5 ounces diced tomatoes and green chiles canned
- 4 ounces chopped green chiles
- 1/2 jalapeno diced, seeds removed (optional, adjust to heat preference)
- Chips for serving
In a non-stick skillet, brown the sausage and onion over medium heat.
Break up the sausage up as you go. Once browned, add cumin and chili powder, stir together, drain off the fat.
Chop the Velveeta into cubes and add to the skillet along with the diced tomatoes and green chiles, and chopped green chiles.
Cook over a low heat, stirring constantly until Velveeta is melted, and everything is combined.
Stir in the diced jalapeno, tasting as you go to achieve desired spiciness.
Serve with chips.