Citrus Shrimp Spring Salad
Simple, but flavorful Citrus Shrimp Spring Salad. This light, spring salad consists of mixed greens, crunchy spring vegetables, fresh herbs, creamy avocado, sweet peas, crisp radishes, and pan-seared citrus shrimp, all tossed together with an easy, light dressing.
- 1 bunch asparagus snip ends
- ½ cup frozen peas thawed
- ½ cup sugar snap peas
- 8 ounces Spring Mix salad greens
- 2 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 avocado pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup chopped toasted pistachios
- 2 Tbs Fresh herbs basil, mint and/or chives
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1.5 pounds Wild Shrimp deveined and shelled
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil chopped fine
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon white sugar optional
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice plus ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil more as desired
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
Prep Ingredients: Wash and chop all your herbs, slice the avocado, slice the radishes, and defrost your peas, or slice fresh spring peas.
Mix up Salad Dressing: Put all of the dressing ingredients together in a jar or bowl, and shake or whisk to mix together. Taste, and adjust seasonings to preference.
Cook asparagus: Bring a medium sauté pan of water and to a boil. Add the asparagus to the sauté pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain and then slice the asparagus into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
Cook Shrimp: In now empty medium sauté pan, add ½ the prepared dressing mixture, and cook over medium-high heat 1-2 minutes, until starting to thicken and reduce. Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper, cook until pink, 4-6 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Assemble: Toss salad greens with shrimp and any remaining sauce from the pan, and then top with remaining ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and serve paired with Lipton Green Tea Citrus.
Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 429mg | Sodium: 1347mg | Potassium: 846mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2172IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 315mg | Iron: 8mg