Elote- Mexican Street Corn
Grilled Mexican Street Corn, also known as Elote. This char-grilled corn is Mexican Corn on the cob slathered in a delicious sauce made of mayo, chile powder, paprika, and chipotle, and lime! Then sprinkled with cheese--queso fresca or cotija! Then garnished with more lime and cilantro (optional) for a tangy, spiced, delicious street food, that makes the perfect summer side.
- 6 ears Sweet Corn husks removed
- 1/2 cup Mexican Crema can substitute sour cream
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice fresh
- 3-5 drops Doterra Lime Essential Oil or sub with an additional TBS of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup Cotija or sub for Queso Fresco and a little salt
Preheat grill to 400 degrees F
Remove husks from corn, and place directly on grill grates, grill for 3-4 minutes per side, until slightly browned. Once cooked on all sides, remove from grill.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine Mexican Crema, Mayonnaise, Garlic, Lime Juice, and Doterra Lime Oil and stir together well. Set aside.
In a small bowl combine chili powder, chipotle powder, and paprika, set aside.
Crumble cotija or queso fresco, and set aside.
When corn is done being grilled, slather the sauce on all sides of the corn, then liberally sprinkle with spice mix and cheese. Garnish with fresh lime juice and/or cilantro, and enjoy warm.
- Feel free to make substitutions: Sour cream for Mexican Crema, Fresh Lime Juice for Doterra Oil, Queso Fresco and Salt for Cotija
- Watch your corn closely, you want a slight char, but don't want to overcook or burn your cobs.
- Doterra Lime Oil is the recommended, for the best flavor and benefits.
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 342mg | Potassium: 24mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 248IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 1mg