A creamy and delicious hashbrown casserole, shredded potatoes, lots of cheese, and seasonings.
- 2 Pounds frozen hash brown potatoes thawed
- 4 Tbs butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 10.75 ounce Condensed cream of chicken soup can be subbed out for cream of mushroom, or cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 cup Colby Jack Cheese
- Garnish: Chopped chives or green onions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine: hashbrowns, butter, salt, pepper, onions, cream of chicken soup, sour cream and half the cheese. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Spoon into a baking dish, do not smush it down at all. Cover with the remaining cheese.
Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, until browned and bubbly.
Garnish with fresh chives or green onions
Calories: 477kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 932mg | Potassium: 568mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 972IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 355mg | Iron: 2mg