Thai Peanut Skillet Chicken
Thai Peanut Skillet Chicken is flavorful, easy to make, and only dirties one skillet (and a bowl for mixing the sauce up).
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbs reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs creamy peanut butter natural is best
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 Tbs oyster sauce or hoison if you can't find oyster
- 1 Tbs Ginger paste found in the fresh produce section by the herbs usually
- 3 Tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Whisk together all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Turn stove on to medium-high heat, and melt butter in a large oven-proof skillet.
Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes . Flip and repeat on the other side.
Spoon thai peanut sauce over the top.
Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes until chicken reaches internal temp of 165 degrees F.
Turn oven on to broil.
Broil 2-3 minutes until caramelized and crisp.
Garnished with peanuts and freshly chopped cilantro, if desired, and serve!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 536mg | Potassium: 653mg | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1.4mg