Thai Peanut Skillet Chicken
Did you guys know it is National Peanut Butter Day? There is actually a different food holiday every single day of the year. I teamed up with some of my favorite food blogger friends to bring you guys some really amazing peanut butter recipes. Everyone took a sweet tact with theirs, so I thought I would mix things up and offer a main course, savory meal option to go with all their mouthwatering desserts!
You guys, sometimes I just need a quick and easy weeknight meal that looks all kinds of impressive, but is super duper easy. You know what I am talking about, those secret ace up the sleeve meals that are no work, cheap, and easy, but that make you look like you slaved away? This is one of those.
Serve with Santa Fe Salad and How to Build the Perfect Root Beer Float! for a complete meal.
This particular recipe is delicious, and so easy to make. The toughest part is mixing up the sauce, and while that is ridiculously easy to do, I sometimes make a big huge batch and split it out and freeze it so that even that only has to be done on occasion. It just makes a Wednesday night meal between this practice and that practice easier. Ya know?
While we love a good Thai Peanut Skillet Chicken Skillet Greek Chicken is also good too.
What you need to make Thai Peanut Skillet Chicken
Anyway, then you just crisp up the outside of your chicken in a skillet with some butter, and then spoon the sauce over the top and pop it in the oven to bake. Literally 5 minutes of your time required. That is it. LOVE IT!
After you bake it, pop it in to broil for a minute or so to caramelize the sauce and crisp it up! Yummmy. Then top with some fresh cilantro (optional), and crushed up peanuts, and you have yourself an amazing meal. I love to serve this with rice and green beans.
So here is the recipe, but don’t forget all the tasty, sweet treats to wash it down with after. I know I am going to try ALL of them, and buy new jeans after.
Other Great Skillet Recipes
- Healthy Lemon Skillet Chicken
- Skillet French Onion Chicken
- Skillet Greek Chicken
- Skillet Honey Mustard Chicken
- Skillet Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Skillet Teriyaki Chicken
Thai Peanut Skillet Chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbs reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs creamy peanut butter natural is best
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 Tbs oyster sauce or hoison if you can't find oyster
- 1 Tbs Ginger paste found in the fresh produce section by the herbs usually
- 3 Tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Turn stove on to medium-high heat, and melt butter in a large oven-proof skillet.
- Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes . Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Spoon thai peanut sauce over the top.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes until chicken reaches internal temp of 165 degrees F.
- Turn oven on to broil.
- Broil 2-3 minutes until caramelized and crisp.
- Garnished with peanuts and freshly chopped cilantro, if desired, and serve!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Three Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Fondue // Tried and Tasty
Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies // Sugar & Soul
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie // Dessert Now Dinner Later
Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes // The Love Nerds
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Granola Bites // A Kitchen Addiction
Thai Peanut Skillet Chicken // Eazy Peazy Mealz
Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cakes // Lemon Tree Dwelling
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies // Like Mother Like Daughter
Lunchroom Peanut Butter Bars // Cupcake Diaries
Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Tart // A Dash of Sanity
Peanut Butter Banana Bread // One Sweet Appetite
Don’t forget to pin for later:
aimee @ like mother like daughter says
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] says
Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes says
Cathy Trochelman says
Deb @ Cooking on the Front Burner says
Nancy | The Bitter Side of Sweet says