Almond Joy is one of my favorite candy bars. That and Reese’s take first place (tied, cuz why choose if you don’t have to), and since I recently shared my Reese’s Peanut Butter Mini Cheesecakes it got me thinking, why not make an Almond Joy Cheesecake? This was a good thought. A really good thought.
I added chocolate chips and slivered almonds just over the crust, I toasted up some coconut and almonds to top the cheesecake, and drizzled some chocolate over the cheesecake to finish it off. Perfection!
Almond Joy Mini Cheesecake
- 4 graham crackers
- 1 Tbs Sugar
- 2 Tbs melted butter
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 7 ounces of whipped cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbs Flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut toasted
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds toasted
- 1 tsp of butter for toasting
- Start by taking your graham crackers and use your blender or food processor, or a good old fashioned plastic bag with a mallet to crush up the graham crackers into almost a flour.
- Stir sugar in to the graham crackers, and add melted butter, use a fork to mix it all together, then stir in just a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl cream together the (whipped) cream cheese, ricotta, and sugar.
- Add in egg, and blend with hand mixer until fully incorporated.
- Mix in 2 Tbs flour until fully incorporated
- Use a muffin tin, and line with cupcake liners.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of graham cracker crust mixture into the bottom of each liner. Press it down with the back of a spoon. Use more for thicker crust, or less if you want a thin crust on your cheesecake.
- Add a few chocolate chips and slivered almonds atop the crust.
- Fill the muffin liner cup full with cheesecake mixture.
- You should have 4 empty muffin slots, fill each of these with 1/4 cup of water, the water will help the cheesecake bake more evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes, until just set in center. Do not overcook.
- Remove from oven.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, remove from pan to cooling rack, and let cool an additional 45 minutes.
- Put in fridge for minimum of 2 hours.
- Toast coconut and slivered almonds for topping with butter until nice and brown.
- Remove cheesecake from fridge and spoon toasted coconut and almonds over top of the cheesecakes.
- Take your chocolate chips, melt them using the microwave by putting it in a microwave safe bowl, and heating in 20 second intervals, stirring between. Then drizzle over the top of the toasted coconut and almonds.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
There is just something nice about coconut, almonds, and chocolate! Throw in some cheesecake and what do you get? You get a very tasty treat. That’s what!