Hi Guys! I am Rachael. And this is where you get to know me a little!
First and foremost, I am a mom to 4 beautiful children. They are the official taste testers for Eazy Peazy Mealz, and my travel buddies.
My philosophy is cooking has to be easy, tasty, kid approved, and fit between homework, driving kids around, and the MOUNTAINS of laundry in my life!
Side Note: Whenever I finish laundry, I proudly blast Uma Thurman just so I can sing at the top of my lungs, “I can move mountains, I can work a miracle, work a miracle.” #truth
As much as I dream of rouxes and hollandaise sauces, souffles, and brioche, I am more of a five ingredients or less, one skillet, crock pot, freezer meal kind of mom. Gotta face reality right?
I LOVE food. I love gourmet food. I love comfort food. I love decadent desserts (Creme brulee tops the list). I love food with names you can’t pronounce. I love food from all over the world. I am willing to try anything once. Frog legs–check! Snails–check! Alligator–check! Rocky Mountain Oysters–blech!
So while I love food, I’ve realized in my life if it is going to end up on my table it has to be tasty, fast, and have relatively little clean up. Healthy is a bonus too! Hard world, I know!
Where’s my house elf when I need one?
Not to mention my private chef…Emeril? Rachael Ray? Morimoto? Zakarian? Anyone want to move in and cook for me? Didn’t think so.
That’s where Eazy Peazy Mealz comes in. In an attempt to simplify my life, without sacrificing flavor, I have learned (through A LOT of trial and error, a number of cooking classes, and HOURS and HOURS of research) how to make food my family loves, that fits my life, my time, and the basic ingredients found in my pantry and fridge, and I want to share what I know!
So here at Eazy Peazy Mealz, my job is to take away the obstacles for you, so that cooking is simple. I believe in family dinners, and so I am here to simplify the process of getting dinner on the table, in order to amplify the experience of eating together.
Take this same concept and apply it to family travel, and life in general. I want spice, variety, and fun in my life, without the overwhelm and drag. And I am on a journey to simplify life so I can have this and you can too!
Take some time, browse the site, try out the recipes, and let me know what you think!
A Little About Me!
- I grew up in a family of 12…yep, 10 kids!
- I attended BYU and graduated in 2004 with a degree in English, minoring in Editing.
- I had my first child in 2005, and started working as a freelance writer.
- I love to write, and have been freelance writing, ghost writing, and writing thousands of articles since 2004.
- I love working from home so that I can spend time with my kids, have dinner on the table, and have the flexibility to attend all the games, recitals, etc. that come up in the course of raising children.
- Food is one of my main passions, but travel takes a close second. I travel every chance I get, and love taking my children along for the fun. I have been to many countries in Europe, to South Africa, Israel, Fiji, Australia, Iceland, Mexico, many places across the US (Hawaii is always our favorite), and hope to be able to travel many more places. Lately the most common question I get is, “Where you headed next?” I love it. I hope it never changes.
- I was born with an incurable wanderlust that has me scoping out potential travel opportunities almost daily.
- In my free time (what little there is of it, being a mom and all), I enjoy reading just about everything. Good books. Trashy books. Just books. I love to get lost in a story, but can’t ever put the book down until it is finished. Not so great for the state of my house.
- A clean house is a HUGE priority for me. And I change my sheets every week. Yep, I am THAT person.
- I love hiking, television and movies, even crappy shows like The Bachelor, and I am not ashamed.
Anyway…Let’s Connect. I love to hear from you and I feel like we should be friends.