Greek Marinated Steak with Corn Feta Relish–Amazingly marinated and tender steak topped with a corn relish, feta, and a drizzle of Greek dressing!
One of the things my family loves to do when traveling is sit in our hotel room at night, after a long day of sight seeing, and watch Chopped! We love that show, and we all talk about what we would have made, or how we would have done better than the contestants. Hahaha
I love hearing how creative my kids get with the ingredients, especially when it is something like squid paste.
If you are not familiar with the show, it is where Chefs are given a basket of mystery ingredients, usually with one or two to throw them off, and are asked to create various dishes. They compete against each other for the best dish. It goes in rounds, so you have an appetizer round, main dish, and dessert.
Someone gets “chopped” or eliminated each round after the panel of judges try the foods.
Well right now Food Network is hosting a Chopped At Home Challenge with the ingredients: Lemon, Basil, and Feta Cheese. Along with Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn.
I am a huge fan of Del Monte Whole Kernel Corn, which is non-GMO and non-BPA intent, when I can’t get fresh picked, it is as close as it gets. Del Monte has partnered with family farms in the US for generations, supporting the US farmers.
Del Monte Whole Kernel Corn is picked at the peak of freshness, so it is vibrant, sweet, and juicy. It is picked and packed within hours, and only has water and salt added, so you know it is high quality, and a wonderful healthy ingredient. It is the perfect addition to your Chopped at Home challenge entry recipe!
And speaking of recipes…
I had so much fun coming up with an idea to help inspire other home cooks to compete in the Food Network Chopped at Home challenge. And this delicious Greek marinated steak with corn relish is the result. It has some Greek inspiration, and a whole lot of flavor, but is SO EASY to make,
Tips for great Greek Marinated Steak with Corn Feta Relish
- Let the steak marinate. You can marinate as little as 30 minutes, but give it a chance to really let those flavors meld by marinating longer if possible. On the show Chopped, contestants are racing a clock, and this Greek marinated steak with corn feta relish recipe was designed to be made in about 45 minutes. You will get great results even if you can’t marinate longer.
- Mix your relish at least 10 minutes before serving so the flavors have a chance to meld.
- Use Del Monte Corn for the best flavor.
Enter your own recipe to the Chopped At Home Challenge by visiting foodnetwork.com
Tools Needed for Greek Marinated Steak with Corn Feta Relish:
- This Corn is the perfect ingredient for this recipe.
- This Steak Knife Set is great for the whole family to enjoy their meal.
If love this recipe and want more try these:
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken, Mushrooms, and Broccoli
- Lemon Butter Salmon and Asparagus Foil Packs
- Instant Pot French Onion Soup
- Traeger Smoked Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Raspberry Pistachio Shortbread Bars
Greek Marinated Steak with Corn Feta Relish
- 1 lb Flank Steak or Flat Iron Steak approximately 1-1.5 inches thick
- 1/4-1/2 cup Feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 TBS Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 TBS Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- 1.5 tsp White Sugar
- 1 TBS minced Garlic
- 1 TBS Basil finely minced
- 1 TBS Dill finely minced
- 4-5 TBS Plain Greek Yogurt optional to make it a creamy dressing rather than a drizzle
- salt and pepper
For the Corn Feta Relish
- 1 can Del Monte Whole Kernel Corn drained
- 1 Large tomato diced (about 1 cup tomato)
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1/2 Red Onion or Sweet White Onion sliced into thin strips
- About 5-10 Large basil leaves ripped into smaller pieces
For the Steak
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large zip top bag and mix together. Pull out a half cup, and set aside, reserved for later.
- Put steak in the bag and let them marinade at least 30 minutes, but up to 12 hours in fridge.
- Remove from fridge, and remove steak from marinade. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- With your grill or a skillet on high heat, (for a medium -well done steak) cook the steak for 6 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook for another 4 minutes. Or until you reach desired "doneness".
- Set aside and do not cut until it has rested for 5 to ten minutes.
For the corn feta relish
- Combine all ingredients together and stir gently.
- Slice steak thin, on the bias and lay on a platter.
- Top with the corn relish.
- Drizzle with the reserved dressing.
- And sprinkle with feta cheese.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Dinner board on Pinterest:
Leave a Reply