A rich thai red curry and coconut broth, fresh bell peppers, matchstick carrots, flavorful chicken, and a cilantro garnish. This Thai Chicken Curry and Coconut Soup is so flavor packed and delicious you will be scraping the bottom of your bowl.
Oh my gosh you guys, do I have a treat for you today! Soup is one of my favorite things to eat during the colder months, but why stop there? I eat it all year round, and with soups like this one it is no wonder why. But today, not only am I sharing this insanely flavorful and delicious soup, but I am also sharing 11 other homemade soups, brought to you from my fabulous blogger friends. Scroll down to check them all out!
But first, let’s talk about the soup I am sharing:
I absolutely love Thai flavors. Fish sauce, cilantro, coconut. lime, sriracha. You name it, I probably like it. I have this Thai restaurant I love to eat at, but it is about 30 minutes from my house, so I do not go there nearly enough. They serve an amazing Tom Kha Gai, and I order it literally EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. It is where my love affair with coconut based soups started.
And this soup…it is just keeping it going. Big time! So much flavor, so little work.
Plus so versatile. Add in extra veggies if you want. I know this would be amazing with mushrooms added in, I just didn’t have any. The zucchini I added was fantastic, and the perfect addition. If you want a warm, comforting, and flavor intensive soup then look no further you have found it! Don’t let the ingredient list scare you either, everything on it is stuff you can find at a regular grocery store, no need to take a trip to the asian market, just look on the asian aisle or section.
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 27 ounces unsweetened, full fat, coconut milk
- 1 Tbs fish sauce
- 2 Tbs red curry paste
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- 1 good squirt of sriracha (1/2 tsp, adjust according to preference)
- 1 Tbs ginger paste (buy it in the produce section of most grocery stores, but the fresh herbs)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Cilantro for garnish
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Combine chicken stock and coconut milk in a large pot and turn on to medium heat.
- Add in fish sauce, curry paste, oyster sauce, lime juice, sriracha, and ginger paste.
- Bring to a simmer
- Add in sliced peppers, carrots, and chicken breast, and turn up to a medium-high heat
- Bring to a boil
- Let boil 4-5 minutes, turn back down to medium
- Let simmer 30 minutes until flavors meld and chicken is cooked through
- Garnish with cilantro and fresh lime
Now, let’s all eat soup together:
Thai Chicken Curry Coconut Soup // Eazy Peazy Mealz
Copycat Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli // Tried and Tasty
Creamy Chicken and Corn Chowder // Dessert Now Dinner Later
Copycat Johnny Carino’s Italian Chili // Cupcake Diaries
Smothered Chicken Burrito Soup // A Dash of Sanity
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup // Like Mother Like Daughter
Slow Cooker Homemade Minestrone Soup // Life Made Sweeter
Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup // The Love Nerds
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup // One Sweet Appetite
Sugar & Soul
Italian Sausage Pizza Soup // Lemon Tree Dwelling