This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Office Depot, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #inspirestudents https://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
When my kids go back to school there are two things I always try to accomplish right off the bat:
- The teacher knows I am there for him or her, on their side, and willing to do my part.
- My child feels comfortable and confident in the classroom and with his or her teacher.
And I am sure I am not alone. I am sending my kids off to spend a huge part of their day in the care of someone else. That someone (Teacher) needs to know I have his or her back, and my kid needs to feel comfortable with that individual. So I found a way to accomplish both of these things with a fun and eazy peazy back-to-school teacher gift.
I start by creating a back-to-school gift packed with lots of school supplies the teacher can use all year to stay organized. I assembled it in a cute little bucket and wrapped it with cellophane. Eazy Peazy! A back-to-school gift can be a great way to start the year off on the right foot, and teachers love getting things for the classroom!
I included: Sharpies, PaperMate Pens, Glue Sticks, A Ruler, and a few fun and colorful pens and markers!
I went to Office Max to shop for all of these fun school supply goodies, and saved a lot doing so. Office Max is a great place to get all of the school supplies for this gift because they offer great back to school pricing and savings. My kids are in a language immersion program, and have 2 teachers each. I have 3 school aged kids, so that means 6 teachers!! SIX! So those savings really help! If you want to save too (Duh!) be sure to join the Office Depot Rewards program and save $5 off your purchase of $20 or more on Select Newell Rubbermaid Brands: PaperMate, Expo Neon Window Markers, Sharpie, Uni-Ball, & Mr. Sketch.
And of course, with this kit I include a simple note, which I attached to a stack of the Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies ever!
Seriously drool worthy! And the perfect tie in for the message that you are willing to “Chip-In” in the classroom, at home, or wherever they need you during the year.
(Student)’s glad to be back in school!
We hope these supplies will help it rule!
Thanks for everything you do
And don’t forget we can “Chip-in” too!
So let us know where we can aid
We can’t wait to start (Insert number) grade!
(Parent) and (Student)
Get your FREE printable here! And make these awesome cookies!
The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened or grated into bowl
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup bitter sweet chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzel pieces
- Line baking sheet with parchment or baking mat
- Blend your oats up in a blender to make them into flour
- In a large bowl, whip the butter and sugars together
- Stir in vanilla and egg
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients, and then mix the two together until just combined.
- Stir in chips and pretzel pieces
- Using a 1/4 cup measurer, fill with dough, then spoon out and form into a disk (like a hokey puck shape)
- Place on sheet with plenty of space between
- Stick in freezer for 20-30 minutes (not longer, you don't want them frozen)
- Preheat oven to 300 and bake for about 15 minutes, until edges start to brown.
- Remove from oven, let sit on pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack
- Let cool then enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
So we got the first part done. The teacher knows we have his or her back, and we want to chip-in! But how do we help our kids feel comfortable? I have found with my kids that the more they familiarize themselves with something, the more comfortable they feel. So, I found a darling Getting to Know You Printable over at the blog Eighteen25 that will only take a few moments for the teacher to fill out using a Uni-Ball pen. They just circle their preferences or write in a one word answer and return it to the child .
You can find that cute printable here.
There you have it! A simple back to school gift the teacher can actually use in the classroom, and that helps your child too! So go head over to Office Max to get everything you need at a great price!