A rich lasagna soup with tart tomatoes, prepared marinara, creamy cheese, and broken lasagna noodles. The ultimate Fall comfort food!
Lasagna soup! It is a dream in a bowl. Seriously. I love it. You guys, I love lasanga, but my sister in law makes the world’s best lasagna. I am not sure how she does it. But the fact is, mine never quite compares, and so I am never as happy with it as I should be. But this soup…it not only meets all expectations, it exceeds them. I am remixing lasagna, and turning it upside down, on it’s nose, and putting it in a bowl. Throw out that fork, and grab a spoon, you are going to want to dig in! With gusto.
And did I mention how stinking easy it is to make? No laborious process, and you keep all the flavor. And want to know my secret? It is premade marinara…Ragu to be precise. I use the Old World Style traditional. It is thick, it has all those simmered flavors that you can only get with time, and offers convenience in a bottle!
You guys, Ragu comes from a rich heritage, Aussanta Cantisano immigrated in 1914, and brought her family recipe. Planted a garden, and created her sauce. During the Great Depression she started selling it from her porch to neighbors, and this lead to Ragu’s future. This sauce is slowly simmered to add layers of flavor, and has no artificial flavors, no high fructose corn syrup, and no artificial colors. It is farm grown, and remains affordable. And it is the perfect addition to this soup!
I combined it with all the traditional lasagna ingredients: ricotta, Italian sausage, parsley, garlic, and lasagna noodles! I threw in some chicken stock to get a soup consistency, some cottage cheese for texture, and ground beef and onion! Umm, is your mouth watering yet? It should be.
So let’s get to the recipe, right?
- 1 small onion
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 lb ground beef lean
- 2-24 ounce bottles Ragu Traditional
- 1-32 ounce box Chicken Stock
- 1- 16 ounce container cottage cheese
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 Tbs parsley
- 8 full length Lasagna Noodles broken into pieces
- Parmesan cheese
- In a large saute pan, over medium heat, brown ground beef and italian sausage. Add onion to the pan, and let it cook while the meat browns.
- In a large soup pot, add Ragu, Chicken Stock and bring to a boil.
- Add in broken lasagna noodles
- Let boil for 5 minutes.
- Add in ricotta cheese, sausage and ground beef mixture, garlic granules, and parsley.
- Turn down and let simmer for 3-5 more minutes
- Stir in cottage cheese
- Serve, garnished with parmesan and parsley.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.