This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #The7thMinion #CollectiveBias
Minion Cereal Treats, a fun way to celebrate the upcoming Minion movie! When I was a kid we ate a lot of cereal. There are 10 kids in my family, so if you wanted the prize, you had to be smart. I remember waking up early to be the first one to the table so I could be the first one to open the box of cereal and claim the prizes. My mom caught on quick, and pretty soon we had a full on poster rotation for who got the prize in the cereal box. Needless to say, I got way fewer prizes, but a lot more sleep. And the fact is, now with my priorities clearly more rightly aligned I should probably send my mom a thank you card for helping me get more sleep, because heavens knows I don’t get nearly enough now. These days, there really aren’t prizes any more. Are there? Well, not always, but with the new Minion movie coming out July 10th, General Mills cereals have prizes! Minions to be exact. There are 7 of them, and they are so cute! Now I know there are some Minion haters out there, but we are not among them. In fact, I am super excited for the movie, as are my kids, and probably most excited—The hubs!!! Haha So we have been buying the Minion packaged cereals and collecting the Minion toys, which connect together. We are on the hunt for the 7th Minion, which is exclusively at Walmart. It is the prehistoric Minion. You can look for it in the family size boxes of General Mills cereals at Walmart. Including: Honey Nut Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Lucky Charms, Reese’s Puffs, Trix, Cocoa Puffs, and my personal favorite Golden Grahams. In order to find that minion we have been buying lots of cereal, and so we decided to make a fun treat to use it. With it being summer, and my kids being at home more, I have been trying to get them more involved in the kitchen. I thought a fun way to do that and help us gear up for the new movie would be to make Minion Cereal treats. I thought they turned out so cute, even if they aren’t perfect minions. And my kids could barely wait for me to photograph them they wanted to eat them so bad. We used Honey Nut Cheerios and Golden Graham cereal, marshmallows, butter, and yellow candy melts to make the bodies, then had fun decorating them with big eyes, piped on blue candy melts, and more. We had a blast, and made a huge mess! And they tasted pretty good too, though I have to admit, I was a little sad to bite into Bob! Haha Then to make take things one step further, we had the cereal for breakfast the next morning, and decorated our bowls with Minion goggles I picked up at Walmart while I was there getting the cereal. Super easy to do, and the kids just thought it was the coolest. Yay for mom points.
Minion Cereal Treats
- 1 1/2 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 1/2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- 1- 12 ounce bag of Yellow candy melts
- Candy eyes
- 8 ounce Blue Candy Wafers melted
- Melt butter and marshmallows together in a large pot over medium heat. Stir continuously
- When marshmallows are starting to melt, but still lumpy, add the yellow candy melts, reserving just a few to melt and add the eyes on later, and continue to stir until they are all melted together
- Add in cereals, and stir until well incorporated, feel free to adjust the amount of cereal as you like to achieve your preferred marshmallow to cereal ratio.
- Remove from heat, and being careful not to burn yourself, scoop out some of the mixture and form into a "minion" shape using your hands. It helps to spray hands with non-stick cooking spray first.
- Let the minion base set up for 3-5 minutes, then melt the reserved yellow candy wafers in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds in a microwave safe bowl, and use the melted candy wafer like a glue to attach the candy eyes to the bodies of the minions.
- Melt the blue candy wafers in a microwave safe bowl by heating for 30 seconds, then stirring, and repeating until melted.
- Pour melted blue candy wafers into a plastic bag, cut off one tip, and use it to pipe on the overalls for your minions
- Garnish further as desired with candy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.