This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CrispyIsBack #CollectiveBias
Brittle made with M&M’s® Crispy chocolates! A buttery, sweet brittle, riddled with chocolate M&M’s® Crispy snacks for an easy to make, and even easier to eat treat.
Oh my gosh, you guys!!! Have you seen that M&M’s® Crispys are back? And about time too. I remember eating them while I would study back in college. They were a good, crunchy, crispy way to keep myself awake while studying things like gerunds and synonyms! I was an English major, and while I love the English language, there were many nights it was utterly sleep inducing. So thank heavens I had my M&M’s® Crispy snacks to keep me up!
Well in honor of them coming back on the market, and my oh-so-fond memories of those long college nights studying I decided to use the M&M’s® Crispy snacks in a treat that is a synonym to “crispy”—Brittle!
How fun is this? Now, you have to know this was not easy to make…well, it was, but I had to figure out the timing to get the M&M’s® Crispy snacks into the brittle, because if you put them in too soon they melt all over the place, and if you put them in too late, well, they fall right out. All that recipe testing…kind of like college. Oh the joys of testing, and the testing center. Brings back all kinds of anxiety!
But do you know what won’t give you anxiety? Eating these M&M’s® Crispy as a snack. They now have a lower calorie count with just 180 calories in the individual snack size bags. That is pretty great, right?
So let’s get to the recipe huh?
M&M's® Crispy Brittle
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- non-stick cooking spray
- Spray a cookie sheet (18 x 13 inches) with non-stick cooking spray
- Bring sugar, syrup, water, and butter in a pan and bring it to a boil
- Use a candy thermometer, and stir continuously until it reaches just below hard crack stage, 285-290 degrees.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in baking soda, salt, and vanilla
- Pour into well-greased cookie sheet, and before it cools and hardens, push M&M's® Crispy into the top. You basically want to wait about 10 seconds, then start, just be careful not to burn your fingers.
- Let the brittle cool completely
- Slip a spatula under the brittle when cool, and lift, then crack into pieces
- Store in airtight container for up to a week
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
See more great M&M’s® Crispy recipes and party ideas on the M&M’s® Crispy social hub.