This post is sponsored by AmazonFresh, all opinions are my own. #AmazonFresh
Delicious Baked Teriyaki Chicken with a homemade teriyaki sauce! Tender juicy chicken slathered in a delicious, finger-licking good sauce, baked to perfection in your oven. The perfect holiday comfort food!
This chicken is such an easy recipe because it is baked. Don’t you just love a recipe you don’t have to keep a close eye on? You just whip up your sauce, and then it bakes in the oven, so you can spend your time doing more important things. Like hanging with your kids! You do need to baste it every few minutes to keep it nice and juicy and flavorful, but I just set a timer, run in real quick and spoon some sauce over, and call it good!
So eazy peazy!
When it comes to the holidays, we tend to be crazy busy, and over scheduled, so having easy to make and delicious food that the whole family loves is always a huge plus! This particular recipe came from allrecipes.com. This chicken had a ton of positive reviews. After reading several, I made a few simple tweaks (like doubling the sauce, and covering with foil) and now I am sharing it with you!
Another favorite you can use to celebrate special occasions that’s low carb (great to help bounce back from the unavoidable holiday feasting) is my chicken marsala.
I love using allrecipes.com to find recipes for the ingredients I have, but now life is just so much easier because have you seen the new “ingredients to cart” capability? Essentially what it is, is a way to shop for your recipes right from allrecipes.com using AmazonFresh. You get everything you need to make your recipes without having to leave the house to shop! Which we all know means more time enjoying the holiday season with family.
How to use AmazonFresh to Shop for Ingredients on allrecipes.com
- Step One: Look to the right of the recipe, to the “On Sale” toggle. Click the “settings” wheel just to the right, and input your zip code.
- Step Two: Once your zipcode is in, you can see if AmazonFresh is available to you, and if it is, you will see the AmazonFresh logo.
- Step Three: Click the “+” sign next to the items you want to order on AmazonFresh, and they will be added to your order. You can complete your order, then sit back and enjoy the fact that your groceries are going to be delivered to your door!
Isn’t that easy? I love how fast and simple it is, that you get exactly what you need for the recipes you are making, and you don’t have to spend a bunch of time to make it happen. Try it out! You will love it.
Not only are the flavors of this chicken spot on, but it is also great for feeding a crowd, it makes a lot, and is also good reheated. This means that if you end up with some last minute holiday guests you have enough to share, or if your plans change, you can eat it later.
Either way, you can enjoy great comfort food during the holiday season.
Oven Baked Teriyaki Chicken
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 skinless chicken thighs
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn pieces over, and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Chicken board on Pinterest: