This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla® & Aidells®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Incredibly creamy, and seriously dreamy, this gluten free pasta offers a semi-spicy jalapeno creamy alfredo sauce, sweet chicken apple sausage, corn, sweet mini peppers, fresh grape tomatoes, and cilantro for a fresh and flavorful meal that is intoxicatingly delicious.
I grew up in a pasta eating family. However, traditional pasta was pretty much what we always had. White sauce, red sauce, sometimes a mix of the two. Very rarely did we try something else. However, now that I am the one in the kitchen, I find that I love trying new flavor combinations for pasta. This one is a real winner for me. The sauce is a creamy jalapeno infused alfredo sauce that has just the right hint of heat, paired with the sweetness of corn, chicken apple sausage, and the acid of fresh tomato. Basically it is a real flavor punch and oh so yummy.
I normally wouldn’t think to pair apples with jalapenos, but it was such a successful flavor combo I am sure I will try it again. The sharp cheddar cheese, and the sweet corn added depth of flavor, and the fresh cilantro and tomato lightened the whole thing up. My older kids really enjoyed this, but my younger two were not the biggest fans. For some reason they just don’t love peppers no matter how hard I try to get them to. But I was thrilled to have the leftovers because it meant a delicious lunch for me the next day. Wahoo! Plus it is gluten free so I can share.
No one in my family is gluten free, but we often have friends and extended family eat with us, and many of them are gluten intolerant. I love being able to find products that will accommodate their needs, and still work for the rest of us. This Barilla Gluten Free Penne is perfect for this pasta. It has all the chew and texture of a traditional pasta, but is gluten free. And the Aidells chicken apple sausage is gluten free too, making this a great meal option! The sausage is nitrate free, fully cooked, and hand-crafted, and adds just the perfect amount of flavor to this skillet pasta. The pasta is made with rice and corn flour, and is rated#1 Gluten Free Pasta brand according to Nielson.
I went to Target and purchase the Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta products and Aidells® Chicken & Apple Sausage and was happy to see there are two Cartwheel offers: Offer one and Offer two. So be sure to take advantage of the savings so you can make this mouthwatering meal for less!
Creamy Jalapeno Alfredo Pasta with Chicken Sausage (Gluten Free)
Creamy Jalapeno Alfredo Sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan and romiano cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced deli jalapenos the jarred kind
- 1 tsp cilantro paste
- 1 package Barilla Gluten Free Penne
- 1 package Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 3 mini sweet peppers
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 Tbs chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbs chicken stock for deglazing the pan
- Start a large pot of water boiling in order to cook pasta noodles, cook according to package directions.
- In a large skillet add 1 tbs olive oil and head over medium-high heat.
- Cut Aidells apple sausage into rounds, and add to pan with hot oil
- Brown sausage
- Slice sweet mini peppers, and add into pan, let cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Meanwhile, add all the sauce ingredients into a food processor or blender, and process until smooth
- When sausage is browned, and noodles are nearly done cooking, add chicken stock to the pan to deglaze it, meaning to get the brown bits off the pan and make a nice sauce. Add in the tomatoes and corn and cilantro to the pan with the sausage, stir well.
- Strain noodles, and add to the pan with the sausage.
- Take pan off the heat.
- Top with creamy alfredo, add cheddar cheese and stir until cheese is melted
- Garnish with additional cilantro if desired, serve immediately
Don’t forget to pin for later: