Slow Cooker Teriyaki Beef
Decadent combination of succulent beef, expertly slow-cooked to tender perfection, infused with a rich homemade teriyaki sauce. This recipe will leave you craving more. And it is so ridiculously easy to make. Why spend hours in the kitchen when you can toss a few ingredients in the slow cooker and let it do all the work?
Serve with Best Ever Roasted Broccoli for a complete meal.
We are obsessed with Teriyaki Sauce over here, and use it in things like Teriyaki Chicken Stirfry or Teriyaki Shrimp Stir Fry, and even use it to make freezer meals like this Freezer Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl.
This recipe turns out amazing every time. Beef stew meat transforms into a melt-in-your-mouth masterpiece where each tender bite offers the sweet and savory deliciousness of teriyaki and the hearty comfort of beef. It is a dinner winner that takes only 10 minutes of your hands on time to make.
This Slow Cooker Teriyaki Beef is the star of any occasion. It offers:
- Convenience: made easily in the slow cooker with hardly any hands on work.
- Tender texture: this beef is so seriously tender and delicious.
- Sauciness: the homemade teriyaki sauce coats it to make a beautiful glaze
- A captivating aroma: Trust me, your whole house will smell delicious
- Easy to make: You don’t really have to do much. This is a dump, stir, and let the slow cooker do the work kind of recipe.
- Delicious: It just tastes great!
- Good for you: Low in fat, packed with protein, and free from artificial additives or preservatives.
What You Need to Make Teriyaki Beef in the Crock Pot
Because you are making a homemade teriyaki sauce, this teriyaki beef is fantastic, and it will probably surprise you how few ingredients you really need:
- Beef Stew Meat
- White sugar
- Soy sauce
- Cider vinegar
- Ginger paste
- Ground black pepper
- Corn Starch + Water
- Green Onion
- Sesame seeds
How to Make Slow Cooker Teriyaki Beef
Making teriyaki beef is easy, this is a dump, stir, and let the crock pot do the job kind of recipe. So here’s how to make it:
Step One: Add Ingredients to Crock Pot or Slow Cooker
Add your beef, and sauce ingredients to the slow cooker, and stir it all up until the sauce is combined, and everything is well coated.
Step Two: Let it Cook
Put your lid on your slow cooker, and set it to cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for up to 7, and then walk away and let it do its magic. When you have 30 minutes left before it is done, stir in the corn starch slurry, to help the sauce thicken up.
Step Three: Garnish and Serve
After your beef is done and tender, and the sauce has thickened, serve it over rice and garnish with sesame seeds and green onion. Then enjoy!
This recipe is so perfect for dinner on busy weeknights because it is simple and hands off. I like to serve it with:
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Roasted Asparagus Oven Baked
- Black Cherry Dragonfruit Mocktail with Blackberry Mint and Lime
- Pineapple Lemonade
- Grilled Pineapple
Tips and Tricks
Making this recipe is Eazy Peazy, but here are some tricks for making it turn out every time:
- Cut to Size: Stew meat already comes chunked up, but for the best results, be sure to cut any larger pieces down so everything is about the same size.
- Timing Right: Every slow cooker cooks a little different, so check it and stir your recipe so if you have hot spots, everything gets cooked evenly.
- Corn Starch Slurry: You can skip the slurry if you want, but it helps thicken up the sauce so it is great over rice etc. Just be sure to make the slurry with cold water, and give your slow cooker a good thirty minutes for the slurry to do its job and thicken the sauce.
- Garnish: The garnish gives it a pop of color, but also some freshness. The sauce is thick, rich, and delicious, and the sesame seeds and green onion help balance it out.
Other Great Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Korean Beef
- Chicken Carnitas (Instant Pot and Slow Cooker)
- Bolognese Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- Slow Cooker Pulled Beef
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Beef
- 4 pounds Beef Stew Meat
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs corn starch
- 2 Tbs water
- Green onion
- sesame seeds
- In a 5 qt or larger slow cooker, combine all of the sauce ingredients, and stir.
- Stir stew meat into the sauce, making sure to coat everything well.
- Turn slow cooker onto high for 4-5 hours.
- Let cook 3-4 hours, check with an hour left.
- Make a corn starch slurry by combining water and cornstarch in a small bowl, and whisking with a fork until combined.
- Pour into the slow cooker and stir.
- Let beef cook for an additional hour or so until meat is tender and sauce is thickened and glossy.
- Stir well, serve over rice, and garnish with green onion and sesame seeds.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Slow Cooker board on Pinterest: