Halloween will be here before we know it. What Halloween snacks are you planning to serve for your Halloween fun? Whether you are having a big Halloween Spooktacular, or a cozy family only scare fest, the snacks can make or break the party. Am I right?
When it comes to Halloween snacks, my philosophy is: the creepier the better! But I do have kids, and don’t want to freak them out too bad. This Blue Cheese Brain Cheeseball is the perfect Halloween appetizer, as it has the creep factor, but is still fun! Plus it goes really well with the Spicy Buffalo Wheat Thins, or Zesty Salsa Wheat Thins, or heck…it basically goes great with all the Wheat Thins!!
My kids think it is so funny to pretend to be zombies and eat “brains” and I just love the flavor and spook factor of this dish!
Plus it is really easy to make: just mix together cream cheese, sour cream, blue cheese, and shredded mozzarella, then form it into a brain shape, using a knife to cut down the center just a tiny bit to form the lobes. Then take a string mozzarella (There is a mozzarella ball that is one long string, but if you can’t find it, you can use string cheese, which is what I had to do because my store was out (Boo!))
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- 6 string cheese, or one ball of string mozzarella
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together cream cheese, sour cream, blue cheese, and shredded mozzarella, and optional hot sauce
- Using your hands (wash them first), form the cheeseball into an oval shape
- Use a butter knife to cut a 1/2 centimeter thick line down the center to form lobes of the brain. You can make the back of the ball a little wider to make it more brain like.
- Take your string mozzarella, and press it into the cheeseball, forming squiggles across the top. If using string cheese, either cut in half so they do not stick out of the ball as far, or pull them into two even pieces.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes and serve with Wheat Thins
If you are new to my blog, or have been following along for a while, you should know what a huge Halloween fan I am!! Like LOVE it, Lurve it, Like it, and more. Every year I try to do a bunch of Halloween themed food activities leading up to the holiday, and throw an Eat, Drink, and Be Scary party as an excuse to wear our costumes a few extra times.
One of our favorite Halloween themed food activities this year, and also one of the simplest, are these little Oreo Monsters! My kids loved using little candies, eyes, and taffy, as well as cut outs on toothpicks to turn these fun Halloween Oreos into their own scary creations.
Aren’t they cute? I bought a variety of the seasonal and holiday Oreos to make these fun little monsters!
My kids made spiders, bats, cyclops, and more!
I picked up all my Halloween Snack goodies at Wal-Mart, even the cute little legs and heads you see! Your Wal-Mart may have a combo Oreo and Wheat Thin display, or you can find them on the normal shelves, or in the Halloween area. I got the eyes and legs in the Halloween section.
If you need some inspiration for your upcoming #SpookySnacks, be sure to head to Walmart for their upcoming demo featuring Fanta, Oreos and Wheat Thins. The demo is this weekend (The 25th), and you can find more info here.
What fun #SpookySnacks do you like to serve on Halloween?
For more ideas check out this healthy Skeleton Veggie Tray
Or How about Mummy Oreos?