This is one of the cutest of our Halloween activities, and relatively easy, which is always nice. We packaged a few of them up and gave them to the Grandparents as a little Halloween treat.
- Double stuff Oreos
- White candy melts
- M&M's or chocolate chips
- Popsicle sticks
- Insert your popsicle stick into the Oreo.
- Melt your white chocolate or white candy melt.
- Dip Oreo into white chocolate coating it evenly. Tap gently to remove excess chocolate.
- Put mummy "eyes" onto it using chocolate chips or M&M's.
- After set, take more melted chocolate and drizzle it over the top to make the mummy bandages. Use a fork, to get a good drizzle.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Melt your Wilton White Candy Melts
Put a popsicle stick in the center of the Oreo.
Put your eyes on white the chocolate is still wet. I like to lay the pops onto wax paper for this.
Once the Oreo is dry, pipe on melted white chocolate to make it look like a mummy, or drizzle it using a fork (messier but faster method).
The book I recommend for this food activity is: Skeleton Meets the Mummy
This is a cute book about a skeleton named Sammy who has to walk through the woods on Halloween night to take some soup to his Grandma. He is being followed by something, and is scared. Totally cute. My kids all loved it, from every age group, so that was good.
I also really like this mummy book: Skippyjon Jones in Mummy Trouble. Who doesn’t like the Skippy jon Jones books? That crazy cat reminds me a little too much of my kids, so mischievous.