You may have remembered the Chocolate Mint Almond Biscotti I posted last week. Well, I had half a bag of the Creme De Menthe chocolate melts left, and I was dying to make something amazing with them. This was the result! And it certainly checks the “amazing” box.
These are pretty standard cheesecake, but add in the creme de menthe and you get pure bliss.
So how do you do it? I made cheesecake, and slowly marbled in some melted creme de menthe candy melts by spooning a little over the cheesecake mixture, then using a toothpick to stir it all in. After cooking the cheesecake, and letting it cool, I drizzled a little more creme de menthe over the top of it all. Perfection!
Creme De Menthe Mini CheesecakePrint Pin Rate
- 4 graham crackers
- 1 Tbs Sugar
- 2 Tbs melted butter
- a pinch of salt
- 7 ounces of whipped cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbs Flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup Creme de Menthe candy melts melted
- 1/2 cup Creme de Menthe candy melts (melted
- Start by taking your graham crackers and use your blender or food processor, or a good old fashioned plastic bag with a mallet to crush up the graham crackers into almost a flour.
- Stir sugar in to the graham crackers, and add melted butter, use a fork to mix it all together, then stir in just a pinch of salt.
- In a bowl cream together the (whipped) cream cheese, ricotta, and sugar.
- Add in egg, and blend with hand mixer until fully incorporated.
- Mix in 2 Tbs flour
- Use a muffin tin, and line with cupcake liners.
- Spoon about a Tbs of graham cracker crust mixture into the bottom of each liner. Press it down with the back of a spoon. Use more for thicker crust, or less if you want a thin crust on your cheesecake.
- Fill 3/4 full with cheesecake mixture.
- Spoon a little melted Creme de Menthe into the cheesecake mixture
- Spoon a little more cheesecake mixture in to fill cup.
- Use a toothpick to swirl it, and get a marbled look.
- You should have 4 empty muffin slots, fill each of these with 1/4 cup of water, the water will help the cheesecake bake more evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes, until just set in center. Do not overcook.
- Remove from oven.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, remove from pan to cooling rack, and let cool an additional 45 minutes.
- Put in fridge for minimum of 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and drizzle melted Creme de Menthe over top, and serve.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
The hardest part is waiting 2 hours. But the beauty is that this cooks up in about 20 minutes, which means in around half an hour you have cheesecake. Which for cheesecake is awesome! It has a nice light, fluffy texture, and the creme de menthe is the perfect compliment. An ideal St. Patrick’s Day, or anytime treat. I will certainly make this again.
If you can’t find the Creme de Menthe candy melts, use white chocolate or vanilla ones, and stir in just a touch of creme de menthe or mint flavoring (extract) to add flavor. Whatever you do, enjoy! This makes 8 miniature desserts, and you might have to exercise some self control so you don’t eat them all yourself!