This may not look that great, but it tastes amazing! I LOVE spaghetti squash. I love Spaghetti Squash Lasagna and Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs, or even just plain. It is that good. But I wanted to kick it up a notch, and this was the way to do it.
This is a marinara packed with zucchini, onions, sweet mini peppers, and then tossed with a spicy sausage and sauted for a minute with spaghetti squash noodles. Yum!
- 1 small spaghetti squash cooked and flesh removed
- 1/2 lb spicy sausage
- 2 sweet mini peppers diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 zucchini diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups marinara of choice
- Start by browning your sausage, add in onions and garlic while browning. When almost browned, add in diced sweet mini peppers and zucchini
- Cook until vegetables are tender
- Put marinara over the top
- Remove flesh from cooked spaghetti squash (Cut in half, clean out the center, and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, face down)
- Sautee for 4-5 minutes until everything is warm and mixed together.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Free Weekly Meal Plan
Get a FREE weekly meal plan sent to your inbox, with shopping list! And the occasional update!