This may not look that great, but it tastes amazing! I LOVE spaghetti squash. I love Spaghetti Squash Lasagna and Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs, or even just plain. It is that good. But I wanted to kick it up a notch, and this was the way to do it.
This is a marinara packed with zucchini, onions, sweet mini peppers, and then tossed with a spicy sausage and sauted for a minute with spaghetti squash noodles. Yum!
- 1 small spaghetti squash cooked and flesh removed
- 1/2 lb spicy sausage
- 2 sweet mini peppers diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 zucchini diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups marinara of choice
- Start by browning your sausage, add in onions and garlic while browning. When almost browned, add in diced sweet mini peppers and zucchini
- Cook until vegetables are tender
- Put marinara over the top
- Remove flesh from cooked spaghetti squash (Cut in half, clean out the center, and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, face down)
- Sautee for 4-5 minutes until everything is warm and mixed together.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.