This is a very tasty, very healthy recipe. My kids loved it. My baby ate it up. It is the closest thing you are going to get to spaghetti and meatballs without the white flour, bad for you, noodles that are part of why we crave the carb so much. This was a success, and the added kale in the meatballs isn’t going to make me complain.
Paleo is another added plus, as it is a nice way to lose weight, and get healthy. I hope you enjoy it!
- Spaghetti squash
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs garlic salt
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard optional
- 1 med onion
- 1.5 cups Kale chopped
- 2 Tbs garlic minced
- 2 cups Spaghetti Sauce or marinara of choice
- fresh basil
- parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use a knife to poke some holes in the outside of the spaghetti squash, then place spaghetti squash in the microwave and cook for 2 mins to soften skin.
- Skin should be softened enough it should be easier to cut the spaghetti squash in half, so cut in half, scrape out seeds, and drizzle both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Put on baking sheet and bake cut side down at 375 for 45 mins.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, and combine.
- Form into 1 1/2 inch meatballs, and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Once cooked through, remove from oven and set aside.
- Scrape Spaghetti squash flesh out and divide between 4 plates.
- Top with heated marinara sauce and meatballs
- Garnish with fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.