Easy to make, and a fun way to start the morning. This stawberry breakfast pastry embodies eazy peazy, while also adding some fun to your day.
I love breakfast pastries and danishes. When I was in high school, every morning I would stop at the local gas station and get a bear claw. It is a wonder I am not a thousand pounds.
If I had realized how simple it would be to make them at home, I probably would be a thousand pounds. Fortunately I have learned a little self control and restraint.
In about 15 minutes time, you can have a delicious breakfast pastry fresh from the oven. Here’s how:
Strawberry Breakfast PastryPrint Pin Rate
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of white sugar + 1 tsp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tube of crescent roll dough the kind that is a single sheet of dough
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- Blend your strawberries up in a blender, add a teaspoon of sugar to sweeten if needed.
- Open crescent roll dough, and slice into about 10-12 slices
- Flatten each piece, and with a cup or a bowl, push down on center to make a well.
- Using a hand mixer, mix cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar together until smooth and creamy
- Spoon a scoop of cream cheese mixture into the well you made in the dough
- Spoon some of the fresh strawberries (or you can use cherry pie filling, lemon curd, or whatever you want) into the other side, or reserve to put on fresh after it comes out of the oven.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes
- Remove from tray immediately after, and let cool before eating (if you can wait that long)
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
They did not turn out very pretty, but they tasted great.
I tried lots of versions with lots of toppings. I baked some with the fruit, and some I put the fruit on after. I added candied nuts and honey. I used pie preserves. Have fun with it.
Drizzling the fresh strawberry jam over the top after they baked is much more pleasing to the eye! But your taste buds will like it either way.
This is such a great option for busy mornings where you want something fun for your family. Who says it has to be 100% homemade? I keep a roll of Pillsbury Crescent dough in my fridge now just so I can make these. They are light, flaky, and have all the flavor you want from a breakfast pastry! Yum!